DAE have Reaktor 6 VST3 plugin not show up (Maschine/Ableton)?

shockratees
shockratees Member Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2023 in Reaktor

I first had this problem in Ableton and I reported it to Ableton, because all of my other VST3 plugins show up in the menu. Not a folder location issue - they all show up except Reaktor 6. Then I decided to use the Maschine software to create the loops I was wanting to do in Reaktor, and ****** the Reaktor 6 VST3 does not show up there either! When I click to load the plugin, if I choose Native Instruments/VST3, the whole list is visible EXCEPT Reaktor 6. If I try VST2 instead, I can see Reaktor 6 and load it. I have verified that the Reaktor 6 plugin is present in the VST3 folder (see screenshot).

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,314 mod
    Answer ✓

FYI Reaktor 6.5 was just released. you can update in Native Access. You will find the vst3 file after installation in the vst3 default location (which is for every vst3 plug-in from any company) here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert

That’s not the VST3 folder - also Reaktor VST3 is still in beta so not out yet anyway

• JayLow
    JayLow Member Posts: 2 Member

I have a similar issue when I want to use Massive X within Maschine. I use Windows 10 version 22H2. I have been reinstalling and looking for a solution for 2 days now, but nothing helps. To get Massive X installed it did help to disable the threat detection (ofcourse with its own risks) because of a teojan detection (wacatac.H!ml) but it did not help to get it detected in Maschine.

I even reinstalled my whole laptop to exclude other causes. I followed all tutorials for removing regedit, reinstalling, rescan, etc. I can see that the 'massive x.vst3' is available in the folder 'c:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3'. Mascine just does not list it as a plugin.l after a rescan.

I hope Native Instruments has a solution for it this week, because I cannot use my Maschine and other NI software anymore this way and I planned to have a jam next weekend.

• Kymeia

Not the same issue really - Massive X is available as VST3 but Reaktor isn’t yet. Sounds like a lot of people having the same problem with Microsoft’s buggy Defender programme at the moment

• shockratees

That folder is where NI installer (Native Access) installs VST3 plugins by default. I have not changed my default install settings in any way. (See screenshot.) I also have not moved any plugins to a different folder. All of my other NI plugins work from that folder, in both Ableton and Maschine.

As to your other point, odd that the Reaktor 6 plugin is in my VST3 folder, being installed automatically by Native Access, if it is still in beta and I'm not supposed to have it? I am not part of the test group.

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

The screenshot itself clearly shows that is the VST(2) plugin folder - not VST3 - I'm on Mac so not certain about Windows locations but a quick Google tells me on Windows VST3 plugins should be here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 32-bit VST3 plug-ins on 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3

However I'll say again, Reaktor VST3 is not out yet - but probably will be soon - also VST3 plugins usually have a .vst3 file extension on Windows, not .dll (which is VST2)

To clear up the confusion about plugin formats see here:

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/add-plugin-daw-program-windows/

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
  • shockratees

Thanks, Paule - I think I will sign up for the beta, since I am here thinking about Reaktor VST3 already.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,314 mod
    Answer ✓

FYI Reaktor 6.5 was just released. you can update in Native Access. You will find the vst3 file after installation in the vst3 default location (which is for every vst3 plug-in from any company) here:

• TechLo
    TechLo Member Posts: 9 Member

In Native Access I'm showing Reaktor 6.43 with no update available. Reinstalling is still just 6.43.

• Paule
    edited May 2023

Are you on win7 or 8.1?

• d23
    d23 Member Posts: 15 Newcomer

I'm on Windows 10, and Reaktor 6.5 isn't showing up for me. This is a bummer, since I was on the road and apparently it must have been available for my Mac to install. Now, when I try to load the project on my Windows machine all of the Reaktor tracks are broken, since it can't find the VST3. Is there something special I need to do to get Native Access to recognize Reaktor 6.5 / the VST3?

• Paule

• d23

It's not in that path. I can't get Reaktor 6.5 to install at all, as Native Access doesn't even show it as an installation option.

• d23

I ended up recreating settings for 30+ Reaktor tracks by hand in the VST2.

• Paule

Do you drive the update to R6.5 on your windows machine also? There is no automatic if you instal it on mac but not on pc.