Native Access 1.14.1 Not Showing Massive X 1.4.3 Update

zzz00m
zzz00m Member Posts: 15 Member

Native Access has always showed the latest NI product updates here, until now.

Anyone else seeing this?

Windows 10 Pro 22H2.

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,716 mod

You probably need NA2

• Andrew Koenig
    Andrew Koenig Member Posts: 12 Member

Over here, it's showing the update; but when I try to download it, Windows Defender refuses to let me, claiming that it contains malware. I've reported this to Support.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,127 Expert

I had the same issue. Looks like you now need NA2 to stay up-to-date.

• zzz00m
    edited March 2023

It would be nice if NI stepped up and clarified whether or not NA2 is required now to receive plugin updates.

In their recent topic "Why We Transformed Native Access", it was mentioned that at some point they would begin migrating all NA1 users to NA2. https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/8806/dev-talks-why-we-transformed-native-access/p1

But AFAIK there haven't been any communications from NI to that effect...

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 271 mod

Hey, PM of Native Access here. We're still committed to the migration, but we're aware of a small group of users that are having a very negative experience after upgrading that requires users to downgrade to NA1 again, so we're trying to identify the underlying issues before we're ready to migrate. Currently, we've made a few quality of life changes to improve the experience but we still have some work to do.

You should see the updated Massive X on Native Access 2, so please upgrade if your operating system is compatible. Check here to see if that's the case. Regarding the Windows Defender blocking installations, please see here to keep up to date with the issue

• zzz00m

Well, I waited a few days and still the only recent update that NA1 was showing me was for Kontakt 7 Player.

So I bit the bullet and upgraded to NA2 3.2.2, and it is showing all 3 updates that I expected to see: Kontakt 7 Player 7.2.0, Massive X 1.4.3, and Komplete Kontrol 2.9.1.

So it appears that NA1 is no longer reliable...