How do I install a third party instrument in Native Instruments?

Gus
Gus Member Posts: 20 Member

I bought a VSTi accordion, and I need to install it. The seller says that it's made for NI, and that would seem born out by the filenames which end in .nki.

I put them among other .nki files, but obviously there's more to it than that because it doesn't show up in in Kontakt7 or in Native Access.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

A lot of 3rd party VST instruments may be *nki* (Kontakt) compatible, but are NOT *nks* compatible; meaning they don't show up in a Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt browser window. They must have the nki be loaded using the "file" tab in Kontakt. (Indiginus instruments for example). Then save them in the "Quickload" section, OR create a user preset in Kontakt and in future load them from there.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

A lot of 3rd party VST instruments may be *nki* (Kontakt) compatible, but are NOT *nks* compatible; meaning they don't show up in a Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt browser window. They must have the nki be loaded using the "file" tab in Kontakt. (Indiginus instruments for example). Then save them in the "Quickload" section, OR create a user preset in Kontakt and in future load them from there.