KK window size hack?

Peter Harris
Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Hey @D-One, it looks like they hack you posted for window size Komplete Kontrol on the previous forum is now gone. Any chance you would be willing to post it again?

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2023

Hi. You can still see the thread using the waybackmachine site:

https://web.archive.org/web/20211201213935/https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/guide-custom-window-size-for-komplete-kontrol.349841/

Someone also made a video about it, here.

Anyway... Funny you mention it, I've been trying to learn some development basics to make an app to patch that kind of stuff because doing it manually is not for everyone.... so far for Maschine first, and to my amazement, I got it to a working state... I should be able to release it soon I think but unfortunately, it will be only for MacOS as that's what I use.

I will prob make it open source in case any windows dev out there with patience wants to port it, doubt it happens tho.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Awesome work thanks

• Peter Harris

Very helpful, thanks!

Your new tool looks great too; hopefully some Windows dev will step up and help port it because I'd love to use it. Anyone? 😉

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Someone also made a video about it, here. Never mentioned my name tho, I wanted that fame!! 😤😂

Yeah, he has a habbit of taking other peoples solutions and making them his own for views I have noted over the years.

Should be possible to make a Windows version. I've never tried to really modify an executable without resource hacker but anything is possible. TBH I never bother with this hack anymore since also being a Beta tester and one of the very few that bother contributing to the Beta testing to (try) help improve things, I have to keep resetting that.

My coding skills are pretty average and my time is also limited but if it's possible I may have a look tho executables on Windows are much different than mac.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    edited March 2023

For the record, that nameless guy put a link to the original forum tutorial in the show more section of the youtube tutorial. I was so impressed with the tutorial that I thought it was worth making a video to give the work a wider audience. Yeah, it was to help others, NOT to steal other peoples work. Just sayin!

By the way, your coding skills may be average, but you are pretty good with a flamethrower I have noticed over the years.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

That is fair enough and sorry, I see a link in the description just would have been nice to hear a "This is based off the useful info..." in the video so prob jumped the gun a bit, mostly because D-One is one of the top legends around here for helping people out and it does irritate me a bit when people put in work to help out but have others claim the credit for it... No hard feelings, the video is a good rundown, just would have been nice to hear a credit at the start on where to get more info since most poeple dont click the description.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2023

I was joking, I'm glad the video was made or I wouldn't be posting it, I honestly thought the laughing emoji would make it clear it was a joke. I edited my post as I don't want to start any drama, really. I apologize for putting you on the spot there, I should had known better.

Hope we can get past this right away and focus on positive vibes!

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

As far as I am concerned, you both do good service to the forum and I am just trying to help out a little here and there to help others as well. Enough said and onwards and upwards, guys!

• Peter Harris
    edited March 2023

That was like seeing a minor fender bender, and all the drivers got out of their cars and briefly considered fisticuffs but their better natures prevailed so everyone shook hands, exchanged insurance info, complimented each other's stylish vehicles and then got back in their cars without further incident. 👏

I'm in LA where that kind of thing can end in a shooting, so bravo! That made my day. I love this place and you folks. 😎