Distortion and drop off on Komplete Kontrol 13 Ultimate

Aloha

I recently purchased the Native Instrument Komplete Kontrol 13 Ultimate

and use it with a Mac Mini . Some of the sounds are fine .. But strings are sounding distorted and unplesant . Also when I make an MP3 some tracks especially piano and strings cut off early on the MP3 but sound fine in the Presonus Studio One 5 session.

I have bounced the midi tracks to audio but it doesnt fix it. Could be buffering issue?

Or does this software require HIGH power CPU computer?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.. I feel like I wasted my mony purchasing the Komplete 13 .. I have no issues with what comes in the box with Studio One

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

have you tried to render in real time?

• songsbyed@gmail.com
    songsbyed@gmail.com Member Posts: 4 Member

Thanks for the reply Uwe303.. No I have not. Actualy I didn't know you can do that.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I used to have such problems (shortened sounds) when used big projects that did not fit in RAM in Win...

You speak about strings, if it is one of Cremona Quartet they are rather huge. One patch may take up to 5 GB RAM. If you load more of them.....

I know M1/M1 Mac can handle big RAM use, but still... I would not rely on it in realtime applications like music production.

• Uwe303
    edited March 2023

With most big daws you can do a realtime bounce, you can also try to increase the sample buffer in kontakt, most of those big libraries might use the DFD module, so samples are streamed from disk, just a little portion is loaded into ram, and you can increase that portion. It's under options - memory as far as I remember.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@songsbyed@gmail.com Are your Kontakt libraries installed on an external hard drive? What format is that drive?

• songsbyed@gmail.com
    songsbyed@gmail.com Member Posts: 4 Member

Thank you for the reply .. much appreciated .. I use the Komplete S 66 Keyboard and drag in the Komplet instrument .. not Kontakt. I have library on a new 1 TB SanDisk G-drive

• Uwe303

Can you test drive speed with "christaldiskmark" for example?

• Jeremy_NI

@songsbyed@gmail.com What is the format of the drive? It should be APFS, as explained in this article: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

• Jeremy_NI

@songsbyed@gmail.com any update?