Will Reaktor 5 work on macOS 13 Ventura, if not, any workarounds/upgrades/etc?

bishop
bishop Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a Macbook Pro running macOS 13.2 Ventura. I currently have a license for Reaktor 5, but am willing to upgrade to Reaktor 6.

Will Reaktor 5 or 6 work on this version of macOS? Does it run OK? Are there any gotchas or performance issues?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@bishop Reaktor 5 is not officially supported on Ventura, that doesn't mean that it won't work. If you got a new Mac it's probably a M1 or M2. Reaktor 5 will not run in ARM native mode and never will as it won't be updated to be ARM native.

Reaktor 6 is not yet Ventura and M1 native compatible but the coming update will feature that. It should be available in the next weeks.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@bishop Reaktor 5 is not officially supported on Ventura, that doesn't mean that it won't work. If you got a new Mac it's probably a M1 or M2. Reaktor 5 will not run in ARM native mode and never will as it won't be updated to be ARM native.

Reaktor 6 is not yet Ventura and M1 native compatible but the coming update will feature that. It should be available in the next weeks.

• bishop
    bishop Member Posts: 2 Member

Thank you. Yes, I'm on an M2. I'll purchase Reaktor 6 once there's native arm compatibility. Looking forward to it.