Maschine plus bug and big probleme

Fab
Fab Member Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2023 in Maschine

I buy Maschine plus and after 2 years and two month dont work she has a big bug i cant use anymore In Standalone !

and Native said i must paid for this big problem !

For one Maschine cost over 1000 it’s crazy !

i must put this Maschine In thé Garbage after two years it’s just unbeliviebeld !

I am so uhappy about that !

be careful about that !

Tagged:

Comments

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

That diagnosis seems a bit apocalyptic. Do you want to give us enough background about the problem that we could possibly help?

• Fab

Yes the Maschine stay block on « Maschine plus is starting » and never start.

Yes it’s Apocalyptic…

After 3 tickets at the support and 6 weeks waiting for an answer….i must paid reparation + sending + frais de douane….only this cost about 200 euros without reparation for one Maschine at 1000 euros it’s really crazy….

I love Native Instrument products and before that i was satisfied but yes this situation are apocalyptic.

Nice day

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Fab sorry to hear about the problems. I see that our support team has replied to your tickets. If the issues are not resolved you're welcome to get back to us by email.

• Fab

I send some mail Thanks.

The support said i must paid sending reparation and all others…

For me it’s not a solution…i must put Maschine plus In the Garbage or paid 200-300-500 dollars for reparation sending etc…for a default frequently?(see vidéo) of CPU Maschine plus it’s crazy they dont look like Native instrument.

https://youtu.be/gbedWl0xJdY

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

@Fab claimed

i must paid reparation + sending + frais de douane….only this cost about 200 euros without reparation

So, shipping a small box from your place to Berlin, Germany costs 200 EUR? Where are you living? Sea of Tranquility?

Now if shipping from your place is actually that expensive, how about kindly asking NI Support whether they can provide an RMA for collection by one of the world wide delivery companies.

• Fab

Yes from my country for a privâtes it’s 50 Euros one way shiping fées and 7 % customs fees from my country and more 10 % from Germany on the value off the device.

anyway pay anything while it's a default of the machine is for me a strategy error on the part of Native Instrument

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2023

Bonjour @Fab, have you tried this :

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/4172/maschine-plus-stuck-on-startup-screen

?

If you live outside the EU then make sure to always try to buy locally, if you had it would be the shop's responsibility to deal with the RMA/Repair. I doubt you actually need a repair tho, it sounds like a software issue.

They usually have a very specific way of dealing with repairs + shipping, they don't bend the rules for anything... I do think users only have to pay the shipping to the destination not to get it back, not 100% sure tho.

Anytime I had to deal with support from any company that involved repair + shipping it was always a nightmare. The distance itself is irrelevant, in OP's case he lives outside the EU so has to deal with the Customs laws of his country + Germany.

NI did ask me for 75$ to fix a 90$ KK M32 once tho, it was my fault, I broke it but the price was still absolutely idiotic.

I had a pair of 5" audio monitors that broke under warranty and shipping to Germany to get them fixed was around 200/250$, bought it from musicstore.com, price is a little more understandable since it's a bigger and heavier box but the speakers cost me 400$, spending 200+ was out of question so I had it fixed locally by a repair shop and never bought anything else in musicstore ever again.

• Fab

Thanks a lot for your comment very instructif....

Yes I try all...reboot...change sd card... system reset...and they start one time...I shout down and again stay on "Maschine is starting"...

I have a new power supply he can't be blocked...and I find some vidéo about CPU problem...I thing it's a problem of the Maschine.

After, have read you.

I go for use only in usb with my computer like a Mk3 but for 1000 euros it's shame...and I go buy one Mpc one or Mc707 d'occasion for standalone...because paid 300-400-500 it's not a good solution you right...After 2 years and some days it's really not a good things for The truth of Maschine Plus....

Have a nice day....and if you are somethings more I can try with pleasure....

• ozon
    edited March 2023

@Fab you’re not sending/selling merchandise from private person to private person but returning your defective device for repairs to the manufacturer. Nothing is sold or changes ownership (which usually is the basis to collect duties).

To my understanding, it should therefore be possible to declare the value of the defective device for repair on the customs invoice with 0 EUR. Check with your parcel service and with NI support. I would be surprised if you are the first customer from outside the EU who has to send a device to Berlin for repairs and they cannot provide a solution.

• D-One
    edited March 2023

Thats how it should be, but it ain't... If my invoice is 0 from within the EU I pay nothing, but if it's outside the EU it gets crazy.

If you send me a free gift from the US, say a 500$ device, I as the recipient of the gift have to pay taxes over it (23% here), not only that but I also pay for customs fee to store it until I pay the taxes, another fee for their 'work' and god knows what else... I'd probably have to spend around 100$ to receive my gift which is supposed to be free. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe it's this way because people abused the heck out of buying things online and asking the seller to pretend its a gift, not sure.

This is the reason many companies do exclusive US giveaways for example, because many people who win stuff deny paying because they didn't know and return gifts... it's ridiculous.

• Fab

Today I am sad about this situation because I really liked this machine.

Yes Alexios, I tried the that to.

Hope you don't have this problem.

All the best.

Thank you for your opinion.

• ozon

Yes, I know. In the situation you describe, the residence and ownership of valuable goods change. Therefore there are duties and taxes to be paid. Neither is the case if goods are sent in for service.

• D-One
    edited March 2023

Oh... Service exemption? Good point, had no idea that existed but it might be worth it for OP to investigate how that works in his country.

• Fab

ok I friend give me a Mc 707 for try…when I am on the road it will be perfect….

too much worries and problems with Maschine plus it’s to dangerous in live….