Propellerheads Reason Rack plugin with Maschine 2SW ?

IQMusic
IQMusic Member Posts: 91 Helper
edited March 2023 in Maschine

Hey, is Maschine 2SW compatible with Propellerheads Reason Studio Rack plugin ?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Tom Mosler
    Tom Mosler Member Posts: 15 Advisor
    Answer ✓

It is issue with screen size of Reason Rack Plugin being to big.

Open RRP plug-in in different DAW and set Zoom in RRP to something lower like 80% or even 70%. Close the DAW, run Maschine and load RRP. Check if this helped.

• Tom Mosler
    Tom Mosler Member Posts: 15 Advisor
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

What is your screen resolution? Do you have access to external display? I resolved same issue as yours by accident when I connected bigger display and RRP just popped up on screen when I hit the arrow to open plug-in view in Maschine.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

@IQMusic Well Reason Rack is VST3. Maschine 2 supports VST3 so ues it is compatible. It seems you were even able to load them in Maschine. You just need to click on the little arrow to open the rack.

• IQMusic
    edited March 2023

Thanks @Jeremy_NI , VST3 seems to load yes, but when I click the little arrow, it does not open the rack

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Is this on M1/2 Mac? Reason doesn't support Apple Silicon yet so either load Maschine using Rosetta or use the Au plugin instead.

• IQMusic
    edited March 2023

@Kymeia Thanks, it's on the Intel processor macOS Big Sur

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

OK so that shouldn't be a problem then - indeed if I go into Rosetta mode to replicate an Intel processor I can load the Reason VST3 fine in Maschine.

• IQMusic
    edited March 2023

@Kymeia much appreciated, I just tried the AU and it's still the same result. Glad to know yours is loading fine, my other plugins Izotope VST3 load without issue too. Will reinstall Reason 12, could this issue may be something to do with Reason 11.2 lite, now uninstalled.

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

Yes in Rosetta the au and VST3 are loading fine. Not sure why they are not for you, a reinstall sounds a good idea

• Jeremy_NI

@IQMusic You should get a login prompt for Reason, like here

Can you open Reason in standalone? Make sure that both Maschine and Reason both have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• IQMusic
    edited March 2023

@Jeremy_NI Reason 12 opens fine in standalone yes, added Reason 12 to the list, unfortunately same result, no login prompt, the only thing that sometimes appeared was the Reason Studio’s Authoriser window showing licenses updating.

The Reason Rack plugin and Maschine 2 plugin load fine on Serato Studio. And Maschine 2 plugin loads fine on Reason 12.

Reason Studio's product support have said "Checking your user account, it looks like you've been able to launch the Reason Rack Plugin 12.5.2 in Maschine 2. When you create a Reason instance in Maschine, what happens? Please end screen shots of any error messages!"

. . .

• Jeremy_NI

Do you have any kind of antivirus active?

You could try to reset Maschine's database:

Reinitialize the MASCHINE Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the Maschine 2 folder.
    5. Delete only the Maschine 2 folder found here.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reopen the MASCHINE software to check that the issue has been resolved.

Any success?

• JayTee303
    JayTee303 Member Posts: 28 Member

There is an error with how the browser folds open. Instead of opening to the left, it doesn’t resize but takes half the rack space. Maschine isn’t listed as compatible in reason 12 also. I got crashes using more than one instance . Pics comparing maschine vs ableton all latest update except the maschine 2.17 that’s just out. Haven’t tested in the 2.17 update, not yet available in native access. Is that normal (gradual roll out?) and sorry for the pics rotation, I’m in a hurry.

• JayTee303

Oh btw this is in windows 10. Mac users can use au and don’t have this problem. Don’t have it on a Mac to test vst3. Maybe that’s where the difference is

• Jeremy_NI

@JayTee303 That's an important point.

@IQMusic I'm using Reason 11, I have not tested with version 12 yet. I asked a colleague to check and it seems to work in Maschine 2.16.1 and Reason 12.5d29

Can you open the Reason rack in Ideas mode?

Have you tried both the VST3 and the AU Reason rack?

• JayTee303

Just to mention, there was a Reason 12 update 2 days ago. If I’m not mistaken there were some vst3 fixes also. Patiently waiting for the maschine update to show up in native access 1 (I suppose 1 is still fully supported?)

• JayTee303

Aaaand I did the maschine update 2.17, the bug is still there with the latest reason / maschine versions on the latest win 10 version (note, weird thing, had to update native access to 2 as it didn’t show up might be worth mentioning in the update tread because I’m sure I won’t be the only one, suddenly updates for maschine, kk, and massive x. windows defender blocked mas x and maschine but installed kk, had to turn real-time protection off??? (“Virus was called wacattack and location was public> massive x.Zip for example) don’t wanted to hijack the tread as this is about the OS X version, sorry but I found the things I experienced on windows side important, as the OS X side has au and vst3 compared to w10. Last comment ;)