The new features of Massive X 1.4 update

13»

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

This is still indeed a work in progress, other products will also benefit from the revamped browser soon.

Thank you for the feedback!

• sunbambino
    sunbambino Member Posts: 15 Member

Cheerz, Nico, tags for the User browser? (Hint, hint.)

• AlexOne
    AlexOne Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi everyone, I'm a new user in this community, hope I'll help! Massive X offers that ends at the end of this month is Great!! Massive X + All Expansions for 99€. As a owner of a KK S61 MKII, M32 and Komplete 13 selection, I am very happy. Thanks so much. Looking forward to discover all sounds.

• Philippe
    Philippe Member Posts: 56 Helper
    edited July 2022

What's happening with pre-1.4 User presets/banks after updating to 1.4.1 ? I can see presets/banks in KK, but not in the new MX browser. Obviously looking at User content in new MX Browser. When I click in Show User Content Folder in MX menu, the correct folder is open in Finder, I see the presets...Same extension...

When I load one thru KK browser, no problem.

I was there is now a new Presets folder in User Content/Massive X/ But I tried to move presets there and rescan, no success. I'm running out of ideas, anyone, any clue ?

As I use KK less and less, I would be happy to load them directly from MX browser. And I guess the 1.4 browser update goal was exactly that, right ?

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Hey @Philippe, are you still running into this issue? Please create a new thread in case so the community can help you with that.

• Philippe
    edited July 2022

OK thanks @Nico_NI, will do

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

I have been massively patient about this and waiting for an update for the browser that actually does what users have been requesting for a long time instead of just making it easier to find NI generated content. When is this going to happen?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey all, 1.4.3 was released yesterday and brings a long awaited feature:

• IMPROVED Various browser fixes and enhancements. User preset tags can now be edited

• Philippe

I see now my User Banks in MX browser. Updated lately, but appreciated

• Kymeia
  • Kymeia
    edited March 2023

Blast NA is not showing the update for me :(

I have it after refreshing NA

OK so the positive is you can now edit tags. However you still can't create or change bank names, and all editing is on a one by one basis so if you create a hundred patches and want to give them all a bank name and groups of them, say all basses, the bass tag all at once, it seems you can't still (except in Komplete Kontrol where you can edit multiple patches at once - although still not banks either - so this seems inconsistent)

This is a nice step forwards but there is nothing here that we couldn't already do using Komplete Kontrol (only KK still does it better) and still falls short of what users have been requesting which is nothing less than the ability to tag and manage patches and author banks of patches ourselves. Why is this so hard to understand? This is absolutely essential to enable third party sound designers to really get onboard with Massive X and to the long term future of this synth - without this even with NI pumping out sound packs interest in it is bound to stagnate. Why do you think there are so few third party banks for this plugin, it's not because it's hard to make patches for, it's because you can't author and manage banks and collections so they just get lost in a huge long list of 'User' patches

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

Didn't for me either. Turns out you'll need Native Access 2 now.

• Kymeia

I was using that but it required me to do a refresh manually too