traktor pro 3 latest updates affecting hardware on the traktor S5

Boastie
Boastie Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi all

I have recently upgraded traktor pro 3 to version: 3.80 46

My macbook is up to date also on Mac os 10.15.7

Hardware-Traktor S5. Fully functional prior to update and has no signs of damage and all knobs outputs all working effectively.

Issue:

1.) Booth monitor output has lost all volume, sound still comes through but all gains, output controls and booth knob need to be turned up full. Have reset all traktor settings and problem persists.

2.) headphone output has no sound in both the headphone and quarter jack. headphones work on other devices just fine. I can see in the traktor settings the monitor output no longer has the headphone left and right option. The mixer on screen is showing the headphone volume and mix level is disabled.

There are no recent upgrade drivers for the S5. Is this a sign of the hardware no longer supported so I have to upgrade to something more recent and spend money?

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hi @Boastie, this sounds pretty odd as there were no changes applied in regards to the use of hardware with the latest update.

In order to verify whether the issues are related to 3.8.0 it makes sense to start your previously used version and compare. Whenever Traktor update is being installed, the earlier version isn't getting overwritten or deleted but simply moved to a backup folder. This so-called side-by-side installation allows to roll back in the event of any hassle caused by an update:

How Can I Downgrade my TRAKTOR to an Earlier Version?

• Boastie

Loaded the first of the traktor 3 pro version in the back up files as mentioned above

Please see below....especially the headphone volume/mix...you will see they are disabled. booth volume issue on volume occurs as well as tested. settings for the output monitor do not show headphone L or R. I can not remember if this was an option or not

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Maybe security issue with “permissions” (enable mic blahblah) usually macOS update.

Check in preferences too. I talk by memory and I’m not in front of my mac to drop some screenshots, sorry…

• Boastie

checked settings on the mac. Also loaded traktor 3 and drivers onto my HP work laptop and same issues present. Im stumped as 2 the problem

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

The greyed out software knobs for the headphones is normal. As mutis mentioned, there have been issues with macOS regarding permissions. Have you checked those?

• Boastie

all permissions set to read and write for traktor pro 3. same problems persist after restart.

Is it normal for the settings in traktor output monitor to not show headphone L or R?

• Markovicz

No, that is not normal. Please open Utilities / Audio MIDI setup and check whether the S5 is listed there as an audio device.

• Boastie

see screen shot. can not change volume controls

• Markovicz

THanks for checking, @Boastie. There is one thing that surprises me though: while you report that you cannot see headphone L or R in the Output Routing, the screenshot you posted earlier actually shows these channels:

Please be so kind, open your Preferences / Output Routing, expand one of the four dropdowns and take another screenshot so we can see all available output channels.

• Boastie

here u are....

• Markovicz

Thanks for the screenshots. So the S5 is properly recognised by your Mac, and Traktor offers its two pairs of outputs. If you now assign Master and Monitor outs accordingly, you should be fine and ready to go. Just make sure to deactivate MONO for the Monitor output.

Greyed-out headphone controls should be fine as well as you do this on the hardware anyway. Unfortunately I do not have an S5 at hand to check.

• Boastie

problem persists.

• Markovicz

HI @Boastie,

My apologies for the late reply - I have been out for several weeks due to a health issue and came back in just recently (all good again BTW : ).

I presume the issue is still a thing?

If so, it would be great if you could test the S5 on another computer, perhaps from a friend or family shouldn't you own a second machine yourself. This system does not require more that a Traktor demo installation.

Any chance you could do so?

• Boastie

Hi Mark

glad to hear you are coming back to health.

have tried the S5 on my work hp laptop and same issue persists. Lacks volume overall despite all levels adjusted to suit. Same problem with no feedback in cue or headphone previews

• Markovicz

Thanks for the update!

There is one last thing I'd like to check before calling this a hardware issue and sending the case to NI Hardware Support. When you swop outputs for MASTER (Monitor L&R) and MONITOR (Main L&R), how does the behavior change?

THX in advance!