Komplete Kontrol as a vst fx plugin

Chregg
Chregg Member Posts: 28 Newcomer
edited March 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi my name is Chris (Scotland) I'm new to the forum, I've typed this in to see if it's been a topic before but nothing has come up. Komplete Kontrol ad a vst fx,. When i bought my s49, i took it for granted the plugin would be a vst fx as well as instrument. Wonder why not so far, dunno if anyone from NI will chime into this, but this is a must, with the DAW integration, don't understand why this hasn't been implemented yet ?

Regards Chris

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited March 2023

Yes you would think an fx version would be a ‘no brainer’ really. Longstanding feature request that shouldn’t have been needed, along with saveable fx chains and fx host automation

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

It's been asked for but unlikely to happen any time soon.

One issue with the FX part is there is no access to automate any parameters from the DAW so that would make things a little difficult.

Personally, I dont use the FX section of KK at all because of this and the fact you cannot save/recall a chain of FX or Inst + FX so it is kind of useless if you use a DAW, also because I use Abletons own FX a lot I just wouldn't need it. But it has been asked requested for the last 5 years at least.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I can't see the point of this at all. Any effect you have would already be available as an insert or a send.

Also, effects are already a taxing drain on any project, why would you want to create a bigger foot print?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited March 2023

Well Komplete Kontrol already loads and allows you to control fx using the keyboard knobs but at the moment this isn’t much use as you can’t actually automate the movements you make, or use those fx as actual fx. So the point would be to be able to have the same sort of hardware control over fx whether used as inserts or sends, as we already have with instruments. This is something that you could do with NI Kore years ago.

• Gee_Flat

Yeah OK, I kinda get it. I have Kore on another laptop that still works.

I wonder when they will come out with 'Komplete More', because it seems that's what users always want.

more...more...more 😁 I always heard that "less is more".

• Chregg
    Chregg Member Posts: 28 Newcomer

for mixing, being able to tweek my compressors, eq's etc from s49

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

Unfortunately I'm quite poor, so I don't have the luxury of owning these products and experimenting. So I'm forced to ask annoying questions. ☺️

But, I hought Maschine Essentials as a plugin gives you a lot of power that way. Including the ability to access all effects native to the DAW that ME is plugged into, no?

Not a lot in the way of instruction or tube videos out there covering this topic.