KK 2.9 Update!

PulseCode
PulseCode Member Posts: 132 Helper
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

So did they fix it? ability to old older version on Kontakt 6 VST3? not that it matters to me anymore.. but I don't see that listed... and what does +0 mean?

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

+0 is the release build I assume. That is an incremented number with fixes just used for tracking I think, nothing to worry about.

Doubt it's been fixed. Half the things I post thru for a fix are either never acknowledged or never addressed anyway. This release STILL has the same major problem with some VST3 plugins not showing the GUI, this is something I have had reported to me even from mac users in some cases so this is not just a Windows issue:

Reported this through months ago, well before this Beta round and was only confirmed to be logged, nothing to say they are working on it and could be waiting friggin months to use things I want to use.

Disappointing is not a strong enough word these days but i'm not very enthused to invest more time in Beta testing.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor

Ditto. I have logged issues with KK 2.8 for months. They are acknowledged to be fair but I'm very disappointed that this latest release does not address the major problems with NKS etc.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited March 2023

What problems with NKS specifically? Many of the problems that remain are due to third party developers needing to catch up with migration and VST3 compatibility on ARM.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

@PulseCode I don't think it's a good idea to post a screenshot with your serial visible.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

Curious, I don't see the update in Native Access 1. Is my OS' SP (W10 Version 21H2) too old now or is it for K14 only?

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 851 Guru

This update is for Native Access 2. Native Access 1 is no longer updated or maintained.

VP

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited March 2023

@Vocalpoint Yeah, I know that Native Access 1 has been legacy for quite some time now. I just wondered why I didn't saw that specific KK update since updates for other products were offered just fine (e.g. Driver 1.4.5 from 2023-02-28), but if future updates now specifically need Native Access 2, then I guess I have to take the step and finally update to it 😅

Anyway, thanks!

Edit (2023-03-24): Successfully updated to Native Access 2 today and am now seeing those new updates. So, the old version seems indeed to be dead for good now.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor

"What problems with NKS specifically? Many of the problems that remain are due to third party developers needing to catch up with migration and VST3 compatibility on ARM."

nOt entirely I'm afraid. For example using NI instruments Scale Mode extends beyond the playable range of the instrument across the whole keyboard of Komplete and therefore messes up articulation key switches. There are other issues as well which I have logged and have had acknowledged. Until they are sorted third party developers can't "catch up".

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited March 2023

Well yes they can still do that in relation to migration for example, which many companies are working on and that is not dependent on NI's timescale. But yes the issues around scale mode and also that others have noted in relation to the light guide appear to be highlighting a need for NI to refine their SDK for VST3 NKS so that both they and third parties that use those features can implement them in VST3 plugins. It's a complex process, NKS was deeply dependent on VST2 and it has taken a lot of work for NI to disentangle themselves from that.

• PulseCode
    edited March 2023

I am seeing issues with KK 2.9 and S88 MKII.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

@PulseCode It looks like some typo or HTML code glitch is preventing your message from displaying. Maybe try again?

• PulseCode

I am having issues with KK 2.9 and S88 MkII, screen is not refreshing sometimes and buttons are acting odd, ever since this update.