Battery 4 M1 + Cubase 12 = Growing DAW file sizes

lauhojen
lauhojen Member Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2023 in Massive X & Synths

I've experienced a bug with Battery 4 and Cubase 12 on my Mac Studio M1 Ultra: The Cubase .cpr file size doubles every time I save the project (I'm at several GBs right now, on projects that are usually around 20-30Mbs!), and I've narrowed it down to a Battery 4 problem. I've also tried to run the problem in Rosetta, and it behaves the same. When I take out the Battery VST3s from the Plug-In/Libray folder on Mac OSX the problem stops, and the file sizes stops doubling in size.

I've tried stock Native Instrument samples and kits and my own, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern there.

Please help me. These project file sizes are running amok!!!

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @lauhojen I remember seeing someone reporting a similar issue recently. Check this thread out. Could it be that you're using two computers?

• lauhojen
    lauhojen Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi @Kaiwan_NI :-) Yeah, I am using more computers. In fact 3x Mac Studio Ultras between home studio, band studio and another band mate. And yeah, the samples are not on the internal drives on any of the machines. They're all loaded from external SSDs, and all three machines.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited April 2023

@lauhojen Does following the pointer in this thread helps?

• ee601
    ee601 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited June 2023

I have exactly the same here - to the point where a current project is up to 5GB in size and refuses to load. And it's clearly down to Battery - if I load Cubase up with all external plug ins disabled and save just the drum tracks (mostly Battery 4) the .xml file is 3.8GB !!!

I'm at a loss, got an album to finish!

Sorry not to be able to offer any solutions, just another sufferer to add to the list...

• charlton
    charlton Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

confirmed, same thing here with nuendo 12 and 10.3 and battery 4.

battery seems to have a horrendous recent history with the cubendo world. the broken knobs (they blame waves), the locating previously loaded kits, and now the spectacular project inflation syndrome - someone at one of these companies might want to consider fixing this... just a thought.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@charlton , please get in touch with our support here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Battery