Kontakt Factory Library 2 not showing in Kontakt 7

DeltaJockey
DeltaJockey Member Posts: 18 Member
edited March 2023 in Kontakt

I tried searching for this, but didn't find any threads mentioning it.

For a while now I have noticed that the Factory Library 2 is not showing in the browser. If I navigate to the file locations, I can load it. What am I missing here? Has the 2nd library been merged with the first, as the original factory library is shown in the left panel.

If it has been merged then the separate library file locations have not changed. Surely I can't be the only person who is confused by this.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DeltaJockey
    Answer ✓

thanks Jeremy, I guess that confirms my second point, that there is only one library in the browser now, rather than one and two separately as previously.

I do have it in my browser. But I see they are still 2 separate folders in the file structure for the original Library 1 and later Library 2.

thank you

Chris

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited March 2023

@DeltaJockey In the new browser you will only find the Kontakt Factory Library 2 but without any version, just Kontakt 7:

It's an updated version of the old one and includes sound previews. You can find the previous Kontakt Factory Library in the old browser:

Or did I miss the point completely and the KFL2 is not showing anywhere in your case?

• DeltaJockey
    Answer ✓

thanks Jeremy, I guess that confirms my second point, that there is only one library in the browser now, rather than one and two separately as previously.

I do have it in my browser. But I see they are still 2 separate folders in the file structure for the original Library 1 and later Library 2.

thank you

Chris

• innerbooty
    innerbooty Member Posts: 9 Member

I was trying to figure this out as well. What really confuses me though is that Patches that are available in the "old" browser view [ Kontakt Factory Library / Orchestral / VSL Strings / String Ensemble (patch) ] Don't show up when I search in the "new" browser for String Ensemble. And String Ensemble doesn't appear in the consolidated list of patches under "Kontakt" in the new browser. What good is the new browser if all the patches that exist in all your libraries don't actually show up there? Or am I missing something? Thanks!