Komplete Kontrol 2.8 could not load plugin after moving libraries to external hard drive

Jae Marrs
Jae Marrs Member Posts: 19 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I recently moved all of my kontakt libraries to an external hard drive & now all I get is "could not load plug in" when I try to use it. I went through ALL of the suggestions on the native instruments website from Reinstalled komplete kontrol, Checked for Vst plug in file which is there & Reset komplete kontrol database several times. None thing seems to work and now none of my old songs will work they just say Could Not Load Plug In...Any Suggestions

Macbook Pro OS Catalina 10.15.7 Mid 2012

2.3 GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7

16 GB Ram 512 SSD 8TB OWC Mercury Pro Dual External Drive

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited March 2023

@Jae Marrs Sorry, i only saw your post today. Have you tried to load Kontakt in standalone and load your libraries, does that work?

How did you move the libraries exactly? Did you follow these steps? How to Move a KONTAKT Library

Moving a Native Instruments Product to Another Location on Your Computer

Can you open Komplete Kontrol and load all your libraries?

Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Kontakt, Komplete Kontrol and your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Oh and btw, what DAW are you using?

• Jae Marrs

Yes, I have loaded up Kontakt 7 in standalone mode and all the libraries are working correctly.

Yes I followed the tranfer steps provided but my libraries are working fine in Kontakt 7 but just not in Komplete Kontrol.

Yes I tried to open Komplete Kontrol in standalone and No it doesn't work I just get the message 'Could not load Plug-in".

Yes I have given ALL of Native Instruments Full Disk Access.

Reason 12

Macbook Pro 2012 OS Catalina

2.3GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7

16 GB Ram 512 SSD 8 TB OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual

• Jeremy_NI

Yes I tried to open Komplete Kontrol in standalone and No it doesn't work I just get the message 'Could not load Plug-in".

So when you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone, all your libraries show in the browser on the left but when you load them you get an error message saying Could Not Load Plug-in? Is it the same for a Massive preset for example?

You reset the database following these steps?

Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:
    1. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    2. Delete only the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder found here.
    3. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    4. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.

Sorry to insist but what happens a lot of times is users delete the local application support files and not the user application support files.

• Jae Marrs

Still getting "Could not load Plugin" I followed the instructions deleted the folder Komplete Kontrol,(hidden library) rebooted and open Komplete Kontrol in standalone mode.

• Jae Marrs

Yes Massive does the same thing but not Massive X it actually works...

• Jeremy_NI

@Jae Marrs I contacted you by email, my colleagues to have a look on your system to see what's going on.

• Jae Marrs

I emailed the zip folder...

• Jeremy_NI

@Jae Marrs It looks like the issue was solved, everything is working now?

• Jae Marrs

No it wasn't resolved I just moved on from Komplete Kontrol to Kontakt 7...

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited April 2023

What is your Kontakt 7 plugin path? You didn't move that too by any chance?

• Jeremy_NI

@Jae Marrs My colleague mentioned missing plug-ins (vst3 files). It might be good to reinstall NI plug-ins in Native Access, then try and open Komplete Kontrol in standalone. If some plug-ins still don't load, reset the Komplete Kontrol database.

• Jae Marrs

I've tried ALL of that I've switched over to Kontakt 5...

• elcuentatempos
    elcuentatempos Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi,

I'm in the same trouble... I tried all of the sugestion in this tread but noting work... I missed all my NI instruments and can't recover them neither reinstalling...

• Jeremy_NI

@elcuentatempos Please get in touch with my colleagues here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

• Ron2andia
    Ron2andia Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

I am missing the plug ins in Logic and have a ticket open. I get a response ever

y couple of days without all the questions answered. I have tried the help steps but there has to be a better way. i have been trying with this ticket since December 2nd. My whole set up is based on NI equipment and software. Please help!