Traktor 2.6.8 + HID (Pioneer NXS) - will it work? or use Traktor 3?

I think the main question is in the title:

I've got a gig tonight - the venue has cdjs and a djm 900nxs thingy and havent been able to get turntables.

I usually play with DVS and I still use 2.6.8 - yes, i know. but i like it,i have years worth of playlists and it never fails me.

Soo...

If i set it up with the 3 usb cables, will 2.6.8 work in HID mode. OR should I use Traktor 3.

OR should I use my timecode CDs so its basically like DVS (and if so then I only need one cable to the mixer right?)

Supplemental question! - If I do have to use Traktor 3, is there a way I can bring in Traktor 2's library without damaging it/overwriting labels etc?

Apologies in advance, I know the answer is to have been using T3 since forever but..well thats not where I am today with a gig in 6 hrs... thank you !

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

TP 2.6.8 is the best and most stable version of TP 2. If this is all you need, stick with it. You can import your TP 2 collection onto TP 3 if you need to. I never had any trouble with overwriting labels, but then i always have traktor save the info in the audio file tags themselves so they will automatically port after checking consistency.

I have no answer for DVS since i am not a user.

• boredatwork
    boredatwork Member Posts: 12 Member

I know right! People say im mad but it makes me happy (2.6.8)

Fingers crossed on the HID. If not I've got the timecode cds. and backup rekordbox usbs so....

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Helper
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,221 Expert

Vlad my love, do you know you can edit your own post to add information?

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2023
  • boredatwork
    boredatwork Member Posts: 12 Member

lol this thread took an unexpected direction.. :)

I thought for posterity and in case it helps I'd tie off with a quick update what happened at the gig.

HID did not work. Traktor saw the mixer as the sound card which was great but the CDJS - nah. I swear i did everything the videos said but i couldnt find the HID mode on the CDJS which I'm told is cos they didnt recognise a computer/software attached. IDK - dodgy cable, bad USB hub, or just my stupidity.

I was gonna use my X1 but in the end i used the back up USBs I made in Rekordbox. TBH I can see why people use them when djing - my bag would have been a lot lighter! But I did miss loops and the better library mgmt.

Anyhoo - to answer my own question..did it work. No. But it should have.