Can I use Maschine Mk3 to trigger sounds from Kontakt Factory Library 2?

keithp
keithp Member Posts: 4 Member

I am brand new to using anything digital to create music so this is all new to me.

I have a Maschine Mk3 and I bought the Kontakt Factory Library 2 to get more sounds, but I can't figure out how to trigger the sounds from Kontakt Factory Library 2 with my Maschine Mk3.

Is it possible to use the Maschine Mk3 to trigger the sounds from Kontakt Factory Library 2?

If yes, how?

If no, what do I need?

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited March 2023 Answer βœ“

Yes, absolutely. πŸ™‚

First: on your computer open the Native Access app and make sure you have installed the Kontakt 7 player and your new Factory Library upgrade. (Check under the Installed tab to make sure.)

Next: on your Maschine MK3, press the Browse button and tab over to the Instruments category. Select Kontakt. You should see a huge list of your presets in the list belowb there that includes many from your upgraded library.

Finally: double-click on African Shakers, one of the presets from your new library. (If you have two of that name, choose the first one.) Play your pads. Success?

Important note: if you want to adjust the settings for the instrument preset in its full interface, click on the arrow above the red dot I placed on the screenshot.

Try another: click on the second sound slot of your group and then double-click Acoustic Fingered 12 Strings in the Browser pane (also in the new library).

Also try: Soundscapes - Polarization and Distorted - Neo. (The last one you will definitely want to use little arrow to open up the full interface. It's part of the new Beats bank and it uses your MK3 pads to play drum sounds. You may need to press Keyboard on your hardware and go down a couple of octaves to C1 where the pads for that kit begin. Also try C3+ for its patterns.)

Hope that helps. πŸ‘

Answers

• MistaWil
    MistaWil Member Posts: 1 Member

You should be able to select Kontakt and load from Maschine. If you have an older version of kontakt you need to check to see if you are selecting kontakt 7

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

And if you haven't dowloaded the Kontakt 7 Player, you need to go back into Native Access and download it.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I see that MK3 gives part of the Kontakt collection including Retro Maachines, Ethereal Earth and Hybrid Keys. But not Analog Dreams.

The Factory Library page Demo Songs #11 says it's a combination of 16 presets from Analog Dreams, yet they don't include it in the purchase.

WHAT A GYP!

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited March 2023 Answer βœ“

Yes, absolutely. πŸ™‚

First: on your computer open the Native Access app and make sure you have installed the Kontakt 7 player and your new Factory Library upgrade. (Check under the Installed tab to make sure.)

Next: on your Maschine MK3, press the Browse button and tab over to the Instruments category. Select Kontakt. You should see a huge list of your presets in the list belowb there that includes many from your upgraded library.

Finally: double-click on African Shakers, one of the presets from your new library. (If you have two of that name, choose the first one.) Play your pads. Success?

Important note: if you want to adjust the settings for the instrument preset in its full interface, click on the arrow above the red dot I placed on the screenshot.

Try another: click on the second sound slot of your group and then double-click Acoustic Fingered 12 Strings in the Browser pane (also in the new library).

Also try: Soundscapes - Polarization and Distorted - Neo. (The last one you will definitely want to use little arrow to open up the full interface. It's part of the new Beats bank and it uses your MK3 pads to play drum sounds. You may need to press Keyboard on your hardware and go down a couple of octaves to C1 where the pads for that kit begin. Also try C3+ for its patterns.)

Hope that helps. πŸ‘

• keithp
    keithp Member Posts: 4 Member