Waves plugins seem to be grayed out in Maschine

adic27
adic27 Member Posts: 65 Member

In both the plugin version and stand-alone with an exclamation mark next to them. I tried same plugins in FL mixer and they work so not sure what's going on. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks

Best Answer

• adic27
    Answer βœ“

Hey I re-installed but that didn't help. I mean, they were loading fine in FL but not Maschine. I updated to the new VST 3 Maschine and everything worked for that version but 2.14 was still there, like it didn't update but rather added the newer one. Also, no plugins were found now matter how I searched or whether I searched in the plugin or stand-alone. Plugins showed up fine with the updated version. I deleted the older dll files for machine and that forced the newer to load. That created another problem, however. Any FL project I used machine 2.14 in, all the project data within Maschine as far as scenes, patterns, etc. were gone! I couldn't figure it out so I did a system recovery. That fixed that. I reinstalled the 2.14 which fixed the plugins not showing up and this also downgraded. I reinstalled the latest maschine and now it seems everything was done correctly because FL projects that had Maschine 2.14 in them now are replace with the latest version and all is good

Another weird but good thing is that when I reinstalled/downgraded back to 2.14 the Waves vsts were loading as should! I don't know what the hell happened but I'm glad it works now and maybe this will help someone else.

So, in conclusion, ultimately I think reinstalling Maschine fixed my issue

Answers

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 337 Guru

Doesn't that mean maschine can't find the plugin? Did you move your plugins?

• adic27

Well usually Maschine will prompt that there was an issue finding the plugin. It doesn't say anything in my case and seems to still show something on the Maschine hardware screen as far as perimeters but it looks generic and not like the plug-in interface. And no, I haven't moved any plugins. I'll try a rescan and see what happens then report back.

Thanks

• adic27

Weird thing, before I could even try a rescan, I opened Maschine standalone and loaded a random waves plugin and it loaded with no problem. Then I tried to load the Waves plugin in the screenshot and it also loaded with no problem. Now it's back to not loading, or leaving the exclamation symbol. Not sure what the hell is going on. I tried to rescan and restart the program and my laptop. Always something randomly messing up 😒

• adic27

Quick question: Are VST3 effects supposed to be able to load in Maschine 2.14.3? Maybe that's what it is πŸ€”

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@adic27 Correct, VST3 support in Maschine came with 2.16.0:

• adic27

Yea I recently became aware of this. I wonder if there is a bug that allows the previous version to randomly, sometimes let vst3 plugins load. Should they even be listed in the list if they are vst3?

Thanks

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @adic27 While checking another case I noticed that all my Waves 14 plug-ins would not load on my old Mac Mini, in Maschine or in Ableton, in VST2 or VST3...After checking it out, it seems that my mac mini is not supported for V14:

"Mac models without β€˜Metal’ support are not supported with V14" linking to an Apple article:

After checking my old mac mini system report, I only have Metal 1 on my graphic card / computer.

Maybe you're experiencing something similar. If you have older versions of Waves they load and just the newest don't?

• adic27

Thanks for this info!

Firstly, I'm on a Windows 11 laptop. And as stated, the plugins work in FL without Maschine, I think it's a machine thing but it's still weird that they used to work before and even recently decided to load for a session then back to not loading again. I don't know. I'll try re-installing the Waves plugins and report back

Another note is I didn't update anything that could have caused this except for the regular Windows automatic updates, which I doubt caused this, But who knows?

• Jeremy_NI

@adic27 Interesting, can you load the VST2 version of these Waves plug-ins in Maschine? Are you running Maschine as admin? How to Run a Program as an Administrator

• Jeremy_NI

@adic27 Any update?

• adic27
    edited April 2023

Running Maschine inside of FL studio. I gave up and am trying to replace with a plug-in that does the same exact thing. I'm sure the vst2 version was loaded, as the version of Maschine I currently have I'd not vst3 compatible

• Jeremy_NI

@adic27 RE-installing Waves plug-ins when running Waves Central as admin might fix the issue.

• adic27
    Answer βœ“

Hey I re-installed but that didn't help. I mean, they were loading fine in FL but not Maschine. I updated to the new VST 3 Maschine and everything worked for that version but 2.14 was still there, like it didn't update but rather added the newer one. Also, no plugins were found now matter how I searched or whether I searched in the plugin or stand-alone. Plugins showed up fine with the updated version. I deleted the older dll files for machine and that forced the newer to load. That created another problem, however. Any FL project I used machine 2.14 in, all the project data within Maschine as far as scenes, patterns, etc. were gone! I couldn't figure it out so I did a system recovery. That fixed that. I reinstalled the 2.14 which fixed the plugins not showing up and this also downgraded. I reinstalled the latest maschine and now it seems everything was done correctly because FL projects that had Maschine 2.14 in them now are replace with the latest version and all is good

Another weird but good thing is that when I reinstalled/downgraded back to 2.14 the Waves vsts were loading as should! I don't know what the hell happened but I'm glad it works now and maybe this will help someone else.

So, in conclusion, ultimately I think reinstalling Maschine fixed my issue

• Jeremy_NI

@adic27 Thanks for the update!