Bring back the Full screen and Live Mode

Elias Theuring
Elias Theuring Member Posts: 20 Member
edited January 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hello NI developers,

I am now using version 6.2.2 and it works very well. However, I still miss the fullscreen and live mode implemented in GR5.

Please bring these features back. They are essential when using GR im live on stage like I do.

Regards

Elias

Comments

• Raikro Scorp
    Raikro Scorp Member Posts: 26 Helper

Dear Elias,

Please, take a look at the new Feature Request I have raised today.

[Feature Request] - Enable Full Screen / Maximize Window in all Standalone Applications

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11444/feature-request-enable-full-screen-maximize-window-in-all-standalone-applications/

It is related to the Full Screen mode for Guitar Rig 6, but also includes Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt and Battery.

Please, take a minute to read it and show your support if you are agree with me.

Thank you so much,

• Rockguru87
    Rockguru87 Member Posts: 3 Member

Seriously this feature should of been added a long time ago for GR6. Admins, can you agree?

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro

I created a post a few weeks ago which related to this request: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/10802/the-future-of-guitar-rig#latest It's indeed a mystery why Full screen/ live mode and the looper were removed out of GR6.

I'm waiting for a response from NI.

• Gandi
    Gandi Member Posts: 55 Helper

What is the usage NI is targeting for GR6?

I already asked this question months ago. Without an answer. 

If NI focuses on the use in the studio, GR6 is configured correctly. For use on stage, GR6 has thrown all the good features of the previous versions overboard. 

The problem for us users now is that GR used to have clear advantages over the competition, especially in this area. I have therefore decided to buy GR. 

I would be happy to discuss this issue with the development team: Can we expect GR6 to get things that are needed for live use?

• Wouter De Muynck

Making music is platform independent, just image Traktor as a studio-only tool... doesn't make sense. I'm also curious about the explanation why the decision was made to downgrade on some essential features.... and again we wait and wait for some feedback.

• Rockguru87
    Rockguru87 Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2023

Even in the studio, I absolutely used full screen (immersive mode) everytime. It was great because I could just throw up GR5 on a vertical monitor and treat it like a dedicated guitar amp while I worked on other parts of a mix. No need to move a million windows around to uncover the plugin.

The strangest part is that this feature was a previous part of order versions of GR. To the Product Manager of GR6.... why did you need to remove a super functional and working feature that was in almost every previous version?? Please consider adding this back.

• Wouter De Muynck

@Rockguru87 cool idea tu use the full screen mode in that way. I was looking to use and iPad for that as an extension of my MacBook for live performance.

But don't expect an answer soon, this post is from January 2022.... Simular post are treated the same.

• Elias Theuring
    Elias Theuring Member Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 9

Dear NI development team and product management. I've had GR7 for a while now. Today I installed 7.02. But unfortunately, there's still no live and full-screen mode. Please integrate these two modes. The GR community, especially the users who use GR on stage, will thank you for it.

• Crazylynton
    Crazylynton Member Posts: 2 Member

A solid-state mini-PC with even a puny Z8350 processor runs GR5 beautifully

Coupled with an industrial 15" touchscreen monitor (ELO-Touch), we have a live rig that blows away these new floor units with ridiculous integrated screens.

I would prefer to stay current but GR5 is still the only live option for me.

I am also happy with my RK2 and keep a spare