Komplete Kontrol -DAW goes missing

MrEd
MrEd Member Posts: 2 Member

For some reason, my Komplete Kontrol -DAW driver is just vanishing and must be reinstalled.

I'm running Windows 11 with a Komplete Kontrol S49 v2 and BitWig as my DAW

Best Answer

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro

By 'DAW driver' what do you mean? The Audio Device? By 'vanishing' do you mean the audio device driver is no longer on the computer or is just not available in BitWig or in Komplete Kontrol? When you Edit Preferences in Komplete Kontrol within your DAW what does is show as the audio device and can you select the correct audio device there?

• MrEd
    MrEd Member Posts: 2 Member

MIDI Controller Driver. There have typically been 3 of them available to my DAW:

Komplete Kontrol -DAW

Komplete Kontrol 1

and one other "Komplete Kontrol in or out"

To get the controller to work, I set my MIDI ins and outs to Komplete Kontrol -DAW and Komplete Kontrol 1. Things work fine - until "Komplete Kontrol -DAW" simply disappears.

• poupouye
    poupouye Member Posts: 1 Member

I can't find anymore my Komplete Kontrol Keyboards in Peripheric manager today.. vanished too..

Win 11 and S61MK2 and S25

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod
    Answer ✓

In such cases reinstalling the Bome driver can help: https://www.bome.com/products/bmidi

This one is also worth checking: My KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboard Does Not Start

• Freddy Spow
    Freddy Spow Member Posts: 5 Member

merci, la réinstallation du pilote Bome m’a sauvé!

• Griswold3
    Griswold3 Member Posts: 19 Member

I am using Studio One Pro 6 and Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2. I had the exact same problem with the Komplete Kontrol DAW becoming disconnected and the keyboard going dark. When I tried to reconnect in Studio One, the Komplete Kontrol DAW-1 in the Receive From/ Send To drop-down boxes had disappeared.

The solution I finally found was in one of the NI troubleshooting guides:

Make sure that the services NIHardwareAgent and NIHostIntegrationAgent are running on your computer. Follow these steps: 

1. Click on the Start button, type Task Manager, and press the Enter key on your keyboard to open the Windows Task Manager. Choose the Services tab.
    2. Note: If the Services tab is not directly available, expand the view by clicking 'More details' in the lower-left corner of the window.
    3. Search the list and check if the Status of the services NIHostIntegrationAgent and NIHardwareService is set to Running:
    1. If not, right-click the respective entry and choose Start from the context menu:
    1. Restart you computer

NOTE that I couldn't just Start these 2 services so I Opened each service, set it to auto-run AND forced a restart of the services.

After this rather lengthy educational exercise, my S61 is integrated with Studio One 6 very nicely.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@Griswold3 Thanks for sharing!

• Freddy Spow
    Freddy Spow Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2023

Hello again,

I still have a problem despite reinstalling the bome driver and Komplete Kontrol

every time I start my pc, Komplete Kontrol DAW doesn't appear in Studio One, however the NIHostIntegrationAgent service is running (automatically) but I have to restart it for KKD to reappear

then as long as I stay on my windows session it's ok but it's the same problem if I switch off and on my pc (the problem is identical to Cubase)

Solution:

In the event log there was this error:

I worked around the problem by creating a task triggered by the error event ID in the scheduler

result: the service is restarted every time Windows starts and the KKDaw appears in Studio One!

the tutorial to create a scheduled task to restart a Windows service is here:

If it helps...