Using Chat GPT to build a soft clipper with Reaktor Core... Help

mason drielling
mason drielling Member Posts: 53 Member

is it possible to follow these instructions exactly as they are? What would I need to change? Does anyone know how to get this AI to give instructions that are valid?

Comments

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru
    edited March 2023

is it possible to follow these instructions exactly as they are?

You should be telling us the answer to that one ;)

They're your instructions - you do the testing work and report back! Good luck!

• bolabo
    bolabo Member Posts: 97 Advisor

Does chat ChatGPT have access to a version of Reaktor with a code box??!!

• Cal Scott
    Cal Scott Member Posts: 91 Advisor

Cool, i asked how to improve one of my ensembles, and it came out with these suggestions...

The "Diadem of Alien Wizardry" ensemble is already a highly-regarded and well-designed ensemble, but here are a few suggestions for potential improvements: 1. Simplify the interface: The ensemble's interface can be complex and overwhelming, which can make it difficult for users to navigate. Simplifying the interface and making it more intuitive could improve the overall user experience. 2. Add more presets: While the ensemble comes with a variety of presets, adding more presets could help users get started with the ensemble and inspire new ideas. 3. Add more modulation options: The ensemble already has a lot of modulation options, but adding more options could allow for even more complex and interesting sound design possibilities. 4. Improve CPU performance: The ensemble can be CPU-intensive, so optimizing the performance could help users who are experiencing lag or other performance issues. 5. Improve documentation: The ensemble's documentation could be more comprehensive and provide more detailed explanations of the various modules and functions. These are just a few potential improvements, but ultimately it depends on the specific needs and feedback from the users of the ensemble.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

đŸĨ‘đŸĨ¨đŸ“žâ†Šī¸đŸ˜ĢđŸ‡¯đŸ‡´ if it helps?

• ANDREW221231
    ANDREW221231 Member Posts: 295 Advisor

seems the AI shoggoth is developing a taste for cal scotts!! this thread is hilarious

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2023

lol..

I find that ChatGPT can be very helpful with this sort of stuff, I've learned a bit about development with it in the last few days with it... I reckon it should be similar to reaktor stuff.

From my experience, you're better off asking smaller questions, one problem at a time while you're trying to make whatever you want, if you ask it something too generic that includes loads of steps it will most likely get it wrong. You will also need enough knowledge to tell if what the AI is saying about each is correct or not, or you know... try it and then report back to it.

Dont expect it to be accurate if you just tell it "make me a thing" that requires 30 steps... Unless its something like 'how to make lasagna' :D

Also, note that the model for GPT 3.5 is about 2 years old I think, so it doesn't have current data. Bing has ChatGPT4.

• ANDREW221231

I asked Sydney bing to write me a soliton audio oscillator and she assured me this was a ridiculous thing to ask for

tbf, she was probably right

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Well... Did you ask nicely? Maybe Sydney is sensitive. 😆🤷‍♂ī¸

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

AI is gonna be awesome... especially when armed drones and robots threaten to blow your head off for asking the wrong question, or for walking down the wrong side of the street.

Welcome to your chinese police state... Good times!

• ANDREW221231

no, I think she was right at least in the ill defined terms I inquired in

I have since learned (from AI chatbots) that some solitons are audio waves, a shockwave being one example

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru
    edited April 2023

pfft

A few hours hanging on Reaktor discord, you'd have a working ens instead of these "recipes" that often turn out to be complete nonsense which just looks grammatically correct

BTW, did you know that R6 core library already has a bunch of nonlinear processors and filters.. all you need to do is adding the controls 😉

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru
    edited April 2023

Wow, I guess that's us told!

I'll suppose I'll head over to the discord next time I need a soft clipper, and you can make one for me ? ;)

• Jonathan Tremblay
    Jonathan Tremblay Member Posts: 12 Member

Alright A.I., I need a new ensemble using a method of audio manipulation that has never been invented before. I need it to be registered with NI so I can sell keys and make money. Oh and I also need it done by tomorrow.

..A.I.?

Ah, so it seems I still have to do the work.