Audio drops out (Mac + Traktor Pro 3 + Z1)

kseal
kseal Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I use Traktor Pro 3.8.0.46 with a Kontrol Z1. While playing music the sound frequently skips for a millisecond, as if there is a sound cut. This is very annoying because I can't play live, it's very noticeable. In addition, it prevents me from using Ableton Live 11 in LINK mode because these cuts disable SYNC in Traktor with Live. Live stays on tempo but Traktor jumps and goes out of sync. So I have to click twice on the SYNC button of the active DECK each time.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), 16 Gb, 1 Tb SSD, macOS Big Sur 11.3.1.

Before I used the USB cable provided with the Z1 and a USB-C adapter, I thought it could be that, but I just bought a USB-B - USB-C cable specifically designed for DJ / audio (Dj Techtools Chroma) hoping it might fix the problem, but no, nothing changed.

I also gave Traktor and NativeAccess full access to my disk, and it didn't change anything.

Does anyone have an idea of what is happening? It has been like this from the beginning a couple of months ago, it never worked out since my purchase.

Thanks! 😊

Answers