The 'Unanswered' section and its importance

Nico_NI
Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
edited March 2022 in Welcome

We know that the whole concept of this community for many users is to find answers. We actually got your back with a brand-new ‘Unanswered’ area.

This tab shows every question where an answer is still expected to be given. We encourage folks to visit this section in order to provide solutions and insights to pending threads.

Everyone of us can foster mutual help by trying to address users’ obstacles and make this place even more rewarding than it already is. Of course our team of moderators, support experts and community managers are always around to provide a helping hand, but the real power of this place lives in its incredible range of experienced creators.

A dedicated tab is implemented among the curated posts on the homepage.

Helping each other out will not only make it profitable for other users, it will also allow you to earn points, climb up ranks and establish yourself as a power-user of Native Instruments' main social space. Influence and recognition are key factors to build together a greater community.

You can learn more about the gamification steps and how to rise up the levels here.

Tagged:

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Is/will there any way to filter unanswered comments or have some kind of order/category to these?

Not sure how they are ordered but to find what sub forum these are in you need to check this very small stub which is not easy to locate at a glance, would be nice if that was the first listed stub before the "Q&A" tag

I suspect when there are lots of questions it will be cluttered enough to rather just go into the forum of interest since I'm not a traktor user and never bother with things like reaktor, I'm not really interested to see these questions myself.

• Nico_NI

@JesterMgee Regarding how the categorie name is displayed we cannot influence that unfortunately.

To browse through what matters to you you can 'follow' the categories you're interested in by clicking on the right corner little dots. This way you'll have a filtered view of the content that interests you in your feed. Tag search can also help.

More filtering/sorting options will come very soon!

• GoKeez
    GoKeez Member Posts: 79 Advisor

+100 for more sorting. The forum looks cleaner these days no doubt but much harder to browse. Really need those pins 📌 too.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    edited January 2022

Sorting/Filtering are the first big changes that we'll see in Q1. I'll try to get more information about what it looks like and when it will be available.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

i love that unanswered category and use it very often.

Uwe

• Nico_NI

@Uwe303 Glad you dig the shortcut!

• JesterMgee

Im finding the Unanswered section really inconsistent all the time. For instance:

I logon today and see this. It says there are 4 questions but I see only 3. This is an issue I see constantly and have already reported:

However I then click the Unanswered link on the right and now I see a completely different set of questions:

So it is confusing.

Additionally to this, because there is no way to sort these and trying to locate the small tag to find out what sub thread it's in is a bit of a pain I just end up clicking in the forums I am interested in like normal but I then see questions raised that do not have an answer and did not appear in the unanswered list/s

So seems very inconsistent in how it is working. Also note when I click a forum question its title is not displayed. Another irritating thing.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

It's unanswered as long as the op has not marked an answer as best answer. I think that makes perfect sense if you know that. It was also confusing to me but now i think that's a good way to handle it, maybe a sorting between absolutely no answer yet and there are answers there but the question is not answered, would help.

Uwe

• Nico_NI

We're aware of some inconsistencies regarding this Unanswered tab, and we've notified the service provider about it already. However I never experience the title not displayed thing 🧐

Could you mention which browser you're using?

• JesterMgee

Appears that's my issue since i'm using a modifier to try and make the forum more usable, seems an element I have hidden is linked also to the title so it hides that also.

• peganmor
    peganmor Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks for the help.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,886 Pro

For me and for everyone else, it is important to those that cannot answer the unanswered questiong because of more trendy ones!