Pitch Bend routed to Knob 1

sebseb3000
sebseb3000 Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi everybody,

I'm using Komplete Kontrol with a Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2 keyboard. When in Plug-In Mode, I can't figure out why Pitch Bend seems to be routed to whatever is programmed on Knob 1? Like when loading any software instrument and the first knob is routed to Volume, the pitch bend wheel will change the volume?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

It could be there's a wrong MIDI assignment on the 1st knob, either for the Komplete Kontrol keyboard or the Komplete Kontrol plug-in.

To check assingments of the keyboard itself, open the Komplete Kontrol standalone application in standalone. Click on the 6 pin MIDI logo:

Check what assigment is here, change it if necessary to a normal CC, you can also reset all to default by choosing a new template.

Now to check assigments in the plug-in, disconnect the keyboard and click on the MIDI logo:

Delete any unwanted assignment by clicking the little x.

Hopefully that does the trick. If not, is this happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone? In your DAW? What DAW is it and what's your operating system?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

It could be there's a wrong MIDI assignment on the 1st knob, either for the Komplete Kontrol keyboard or the Komplete Kontrol plug-in.

To check assingments of the keyboard itself, open the Komplete Kontrol standalone application in standalone. Click on the 6 pin MIDI logo:

Check what assigment is here, change it if necessary to a normal CC, you can also reset all to default by choosing a new template.

Now to check assigments in the plug-in, disconnect the keyboard and click on the MIDI logo:

Delete any unwanted assignment by clicking the little x.

Hopefully that does the trick. If not, is this happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone? In your DAW? What DAW is it and what's your operating system?

• sebseb3000

Hello Jeremy,

thank you very much for your comment. I'm using Komplete Kontrol in standalone mode. Here's my problem: moving the pitch bend wheel will send data to the first knob. So, we're not talking about the MIDI editor and if we did, there's no way to program the pitch bend wheel, since pitch bend and modulation wheel sadly cannot be programmed. If I program the touch strip to send pitch wheel information it will also be routed to whatever is programmed on knob 1.

If I use the S88 MK2 in MIDI mode, the pitch wheel does indeed send pitch wheel information. But that's not the issue here.

I've tried this on another computer and it's the same thing: when loading any instrument into Komplete Kontrol, the pitch bend wheel will change whatever is programmed at knob 1 (I can actually see how the values change).

Maybe a factory reset would do?

All the best

Sebastian

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 2023

Hey Sebastian, I read your post. if I published these steps and with the screenshots it's because I've seen this before. There was one case where the pitch wheel was also assigned on a knob (by accident and tbh I have no idea how). The symptom was the same. The pitch wheel would activate another knob. It also happens in the same exact way with a sustain pedal if one of the knobs is assigned to CC64 or 65. If I remember correctly it was showing CC 256, which I know, does not make much sense but unassigning all MIDI CCs fixed it. Have you checked the assignments at all, with the keyboard connected and disconnected?

If you open Kontakt in standalone, do you also have this issue? Massive ?

On what kind of instruments did you try on the other computer? USer presets ? Factory presets ? Kontakt instruments?

Can you check with a MIDI monitor what MIDI CC gets activated when you turn Knob 1 ? When you activate the pitch wheel? How to Monitor the Input of a MIDI Controller

• sebseb3000

Hi Jeremy,

thank you for your many tipps, I appreciate it. It's been one of the two things you mentioned in your first post: Button 1 was set to CC256 in the plugin assignement, however that one came about. Everything is working for now, thank you very much.

Sebastian