Hybrid keys - blend changing by itself.

Gas Pipe
Gas Pipe Member Posts: 5 Member

Trying to keep a really dull sound for a certain piece of music and so the blend is at 80/20 but after a few notes it keeps jumping back to more like 50/50.

Is it trying to tell me music is awful lol?

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023

That's right... 'A' stands for Aweful and 'B' stands for Boring 😂

It has to be some automation somewhere in the track. Did you try creating a new track with a fresh instance of Hybrid and laying down the same part?

• Gas Pipe

No I didn't try it. Tbh I am actually just practicing "Everything in it's right place" by Radiohead and I want this dull sound that I can get through 'emotional piano' So I am not even recording tbh.

Might have a look at the automation side of things.

Thankyou for your reply.

• Gee_Flat
    edited March 2023

Couldn't recreate that. It's not the right sound anyway.

Edit: sent you a zip but you could just make it yourself...

Load Emotional Piano. Put 'Tape Culture' in the A layer, and put 'Tape E-Piano' in the B layer. Roll back the Release and Cutoff to about 11 oclock and turn off the effects. Keep the A/B somewhere in the middle. Almost an identical sound.

• Gas Pipe

Thanks a lot. I am pretty new to piano having been a guitarist and house DJ all my life. Last couple of years maschine and so really just the last year I have started dabbling with my a49.

Thanks again I'll try that.

• Gee_Flat

It took me about 15 minutes to get those first 3 chords. Finally realized it's the left hand moving from C->C#->D#, Phrygian.

• Gas Pipe

I was using this buddy.

I am just at the intro stage still.

Yeah I think that's effectively the chords I was playing.

(39) Everything in its right place (Radiohead) Piano Step by Step Tutorial - YouTube

• Gas Pipe

Been away all day so gonna give your instructions a go for 15 minutes and then more practice tomorrow.

Cheers

• Gee_Flat

It's a Rhodes sound, but the one on the track has somethng extra giving it some resonance, so that high C really holds on.