Massive Issues with Program change in Ableton 11.1

srcinvsbl
srcinvsbl Member Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2023 in Massive X & Synths

Hi, so I'm having some issues with Massive in Ableton Live at the moment.

Essentially I can't do Program Changes from using Ableton clips which is a huge problem as this is an integral part of my work. I think I've tried just about everything but nothing works. Have had no problems ever doing this so I'm a bit stumped as to what to do - I've just upgraded to Windows 11, running Ableton 11.1 and Massive 1.5.11 to so that could be it? I also use FM8 which has the same program change function and have no issues with that at all.

Anyone else having this issue? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• rck_rt
    rck_rt Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

Problem solved! It was because my VST 2 and 3 are all in the same folder, because of this Massive is in VST and VST3 folders of Live finder. Massive from VST3 folder couldn't receive any PC but Massive from VST folder does.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,631 mod
    Answer ✓

@srcinvsbl @rck_rt There is an issue with Ableton, VST3s don't receive program changes, they are aware of the issue and they should fix it in a future Ableton update. In the meantime, you should use the VST2 version of our plug-ins if you want to use Program Change.

Answers

• rck_rt

Hi,

Experimenting the exact same problem. Did you find out ? It's been 3 weeks that I exchange without results with NI support. Tried different versions of Massive (v1.5.11, 1.5.9, 1.5.12+31), uninstall etc, running Live 11.2.7 and now Live 11.2.10 (Win10). Doesn't work!! I have no problem sending program change to my mother32.

• rck_rt
    Answer ✓

Problem solved! It was because my VST 2 and 3 are all in the same folder, because of this Massive is in VST and VST3 folders of Live finder. Massive from VST3 folder couldn't receive any PC but Massive from VST folder does.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,631 mod
    Answer ✓

@srcinvsbl @rck_rt There is an issue with Ableton, VST3s don't receive program changes, they are aware of the issue and they should fix it in a future Ableton update. In the meantime, you should use the VST2 version of our plug-ins if you want to use Program Change.

• srcinvsbl
    srcinvsbl Member Posts: 5 Member

That did the trick! Thank you very much, HUGELY appreciated! And also @Jeremy_NI that's also good news to hear, thanks very much as well!