NI content missing - now resolved

Jimmy Lazers
Jimmy Lazers Member Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete General

Resolved. It was the favorites.db3 file causing the issue. Once deleted (along with the komplete.db3 file) all was ok again.

For some reason all of my NI content has just disappeared. So if I open up Maschine, all Project, Group, Instruments etc are all blank. Nothing there.

It happened after saving a Massive X patch to my user area. Then when I opened up Massive X again all of the patches (factory) were missing

All of the content is there which I can see on my hard drive. I have tried rescanning the Plugin and Library, but there is still nothing.

I have tried reinstalling the applications like Massive X, but again no presets.

If I open up Kontakt in Ableton, again no content.

Can anyone help with this please. I am using a MacBook 16 Pro 1, and NI natively.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    Answer ✓

Quoting OP and making the solution more visible:

It was the favorites.db3 file causing the issue. Once deleted (along with the komplete.db3 file) all was ok again.

You can find the favorites.db3 file here:

Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Shared -> Favorites.db3

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Is it an internal or external HDD? DId you boot Kontakt as a stand-alone and test it?

• Jimmy Lazers
    Jimmy Lazers Member Posts: 3 Member

Thanks for reply. No this is all on my MacBook internal disc.

All of my expansions are missing too. I have tried reinstalling Maschine, Massive X, some Expansion packs. But nothing is appearing.

What is weird that FM8 and Massive all have presets. It's just everything else is not being detected my Massive X/Maschine/Kontakt.

Kontakt within Ableton looks like this (so nothing):

However, Kontakt stand alone works OK.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    Answer ✓

Quoting OP and making the solution more visible:

It was the favorites.db3 file causing the issue. Once deleted (along with the komplete.db3 file) all was ok again.

You can find the favorites.db3 file here:

Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Shared -> Favorites.db3

• Red Sheep
    Red Sheep Member Posts: 5 Newcomer