Midi guitar with Maschine?

Steward
Steward Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 2022 in Maschine

Hi folks

interested to hear if anyone has experience with connecting midi guitars to maschine, how you got on and what setup you’re using!

ATB

Steve

Comments

• psyron
    psyron Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi Steve,

would also be interested to know more about potential integration of a Midi guitar like the Jamstik in the Maschine+ standalone workflow. Is it possible? Did you try it?

Thanks,

Markus

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2023

What do you mean by "integration"? As long as the MIDI-Guitar doesn't need software drivers it should work fine, like any MIDI Keyboard or controller, for it to work on an M+ it has to be USB MIDI Class-Complient or have some sort 5-Pin DIN MIDI output.

Do note that the M+ does not have any realistic-sounding Guitar instrument.

The modern ones seem to have some features that the M+ does not support, like Bluetooth but more importantly: MPE, I'm not an expert but I reckon this is a must-have for things like slides, bends, etc...

This one for example:

https://jamstik.com/products/studio-midi-guitar?variant=14206283382826#features

Seems to have a TRS-5-PIN MIDI Out, they claim it can control HW Synths, so it should be MIDI 2.0 and work fine with the M+.

• psyron
    psyron Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks for the info.

I am a beginner with MIDI (just bought a M+) and i was not sure if such a guitar may need more special software apart of the usual MIDI protocol. Would be fine for me to have basic support so i can practice and experiment with the M+ and a jamstik.

But would be cool if someone had actually tried it out and could share some experiences or even do a video 😊