Native Instruments Apple macOS 13 Ventura Compatibility

12346»

Comments

• Tigersharc
    Tigersharc Member Posts: 59 Helper

The issue I had with Kontakt 7 had to do with the Kontakt Library 2 only showing up in the thumbnail view and not in the browser view similar to the old style browser similar to Kontakt 6. The library was installed but I could only access it through the new Kontakt 7 thumbnail browser. I have been able to fix it this weekend, not sure if it had to do with the two updates for Kontakt Library 2 but I updated and re-installed the 39 GB library. All is well now......

I am personally glad and in some cases I had to upgrade my computer. I was using a 2015 i5 Intel with 8 GB and I TB hard drive. Not to mention the hard drive wasn't an SSD so it was loud and slow. I didn't realize how slow until I got this new laptop. And this has no heat issue like my 2019 15in MackBook Pro..... That thing was always hot, even with a fan sitting under it.....

• Angel Rodriguez
    Angel Rodriguez Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2023

Hey @Tigersharc thanks for the post. I haven't upgraded to Ventura yet because I'm still using Kontakt 6 and don't plan to upgrade yet. Just to confirm Kontakt 6 didn't give you any issues? I only ask since the site only list Kontakt 7 is compatible with Ventura.

• Tigersharc
    edited March 2023

@Angel Rodriguez I can confirm from my personal use that Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt 6, Kontakt 7, Raum, and Maschine 2 work with Ventura OS. Those are the Komplete items I use the most. I verified by pulling these items up in stand a lone mode. That way I can say yes they work. I use Logic Pro X as my primary DAW and Maschine 2 software. With that being said I can't confirm they will work in any other DAW. On this new M2 laptop I chose to put only the plug-in's and software I know work. But yes, Kontakt 6 and 7 do work with Ventura. By the way I am not using Rosetta or at least I didn't go out of my way to set that up. So I open and use the software just like when I was on my intel MacBook.

• Angel Rodriguez
    Angel Rodriguez Member Posts: 2 Member

@Tigersharc awesome! thank you!

• subletteafterdark
    subletteafterdark Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited March 2023

The Mac OS compatibility support page is super unclear regarding compatibility with Komplete Effects on Mac OS Ventura. It's dashed out, indicating there isn't a compatible version yet, but then below the table, there's this blurb:

The Komplete Effects are: Crush Pack (Bite, Dirt, Freak), Driver, Mod Pack (Choral, Flair, Phasis), Premium Tube Series (Enhanced EQ, Passive EQ, Vari Comp), Solid Mix Series (Solid Bus Comp, Solid EQ, Solid Dynamics), Raum, Replika, Replika XT, Reverb Classics (RC24, RC48), Supercharger, Supercharger GT, Transient Master, Vintage Compressors (VC 160, VC 2A, VC 76).

Does this mean the Komplete Effects listed ARE compatible, or just explicitly reciting a list of Komplete Effects that are NOT compatible?

Edit: Product page for Transient Master indicated compatibility with Mac OS 13 (Ventura). Now, just wondering when all remaining effects not found on the above list will be compatible..

• Tigersharc

@subletteafterdark Have you tried the effects that don't indicate clearly that they are compatible. When I bought my new M2 computer I just started using everything..... So if it works it works, if it doesn't then you can research to see if there is a work around.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

@subletteafterdark The Ventura compatibility article might be a little confusing. If the Komplete Effects are in that list, it means they are compatible, but since there are 24 effects and they don't have the same versions, it's tricky to put a first supported version that would fit all. Wehave to make this more explanatory, that's true. The bottom line is that all effects are compatible with Ventura.

• djecaron16
    djecaron16 Member Posts: 6 Member

Where I can find all the native instrument app list to see what is missing from the Mac OS Ventura

compatibility ? I will upload a screenshot it's the product I have

+ Reaktor 6 that don't show in this image it is the last one. And I have Komplete Kontrol A and Maschine Mikro Mk3 it show compatible in the native instrument website :

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014900358-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS

It seem all my thing is compatible with Ventura am I right?

If a application like Kontakt is compatible all the libraries from Kontakt will be too ? my libraries Kontakt is all native instrument.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

@djecaron16 Yes, all current products are now officially supported on Ventura.

• Papnaas
    Papnaas Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Hi @Jeremy_NI

I really like to support you on this! The Article IS confusing regarding the Komplete Effects! I was reading the dash in the list as "incompatible" and kept postponing the update to Ventura waiting for an update in the list. I just recently found this official thread (after a long search) and finally found your comment.

I will do the update soon to keep my computer safe.

Thanks for asking @subletteafterdark and thanks for the answer!

• DJ MickyTeK
    DJ MickyTeK Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Software Updates and Updates from NI have become a complete Joke.

Just saving my pennys to get my Pioneer equipment and NI are out of my Life, Never ever again will I ever use anything NI, the Maschine plus mk3 what a joke that unreliable pile of ****** is, could never use it for Live performance, tried it on both Mac and PC and it just crashes all over the place, I am done with NI, now a fragmented and delusional company that was once great.

• kamikaze1980
    kamikaze1980 Member Posts: 21 Member

Not working for me. Maschine browser will not load from au folder. Instead insist on using vst2 migration to vst3 and states the software is not yet supported. lol. Get a Mac they say. “It just works” lol 🤦