Presets with 'Melody' written after the name

mostly_lucid
mostly_lucid Member Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

This may sound stupid, but I have not been able to figure it out!

What are the sounds with the word (Melody) after them for?

They make a single sound when I click on them, but if I try and use them they do nothing.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Those are presets are for Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst Deluxe Kontakt Library That Library has 2 main NKI's, the strummed normal and the Melody. That indicates that the Melody NKI is loaded when choosing that preset. Since Kontakt libraries are designed to be played on a Keyboard, in order to lay more than one note, you would need to be in Maschine Keyboard Mode. For more info on the library itself, I would suggest checking out the manual.

• mostly_lucid
    Answer ✓

Thank you for the response and information @Blindeddie , I will check it out later today.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Those are presets are for Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst Deluxe Kontakt Library That Library has 2 main NKI's, the strummed normal and the Melody. That indicates that the Melody NKI is loaded when choosing that preset. Since Kontakt libraries are designed to be played on a Keyboard, in order to lay more than one note, you would need to be in Maschine Keyboard Mode. For more info on the library itself, I would suggest checking out the manual.

• mostly_lucid
    Answer ✓

Thank you for the response and information @Blindeddie , I will check it out later today.