How to get Drumasonic back..

musicdoc
musicdoc Member Posts: 7 Member

So I had Drumasonic Luxury and Drumasonic 2 on my old windows machine, bought a long time ago. Upon moving to windows 11, needed to install everything again. The two instruments appear in Native's installer to verify. I have all samples installed. Native finds Luxury but keeps telling me the path for Drumsonic 2 is incorrect. I read the help article about having the ncnt file their and I see it in both folders. But 2 is just no go. The original manufacturer out of business.

Anything else I should try before resorting to looking for "other" solutions.

Great drums though.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Have you tried to scan the drive for errors, maybe the file is somehow corrupt from drumasonic 2. Or try to copy it over again, maybe also to a different folder, just for research.

• musicdoc

I have the drumsonic folder like on three different drives (new/backup/old). None work. Not a drive or copy program I think. Maybe file got corrupted but don't see how. Maybe someone can send me their ncnt file if they have it.

• Uwe303

If the old one is still working, you could try teracopy it's a little program that compares the files after copying and tries to repair the file if necessary.

• musicdoc

I don't believe it's a file issue. Something changed on the registration end.

I originally registered it like 10 years ago. All was working fine. Now I have a new computer that doesn't recognize the folder anymore when I try to register it. I took the old drive and installed it in the new computer so the sound file is the original. Not copied.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,303 mod

@musicdoc If they're out of business they will not be able to provide newer installers. Do you remember what version of Kontakt you were using back then?

• musicdoc

Kontakt 5. Purchased in May 2013. Just checked messages and found reciept.

• Uwe303

You could maybe try to install native access 1 and try to activate it wit it. https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4748946468497-How-to-Downgrade-Native-Access-2-to-Native-Access-1

• musicdoc

It was a good idea. I had hopes.. but downgrading produces the same results.

• musicdoc

Drumasonic is one of the developers for recent Kontakt guitar libraries.

So Native Instruments, how about asking them to fix whatever is now broken in their old drum library.

They are obviously around and working for you. Or maybe at least give me some contact info.

• Uwe303

Maybe @EvilDragon has an idea, he knows everything about kontakt. Otherwise I fear you will loose those libraries unfortunately - i really don't understand why those companies, if they go out if business, don't give you, at least, a chance to download a version, that would work in the full kontakt app, like all those free libraries.

• musicdoc
    edited March 2023

Whoops.. thought someone spamming music over and over.. didn't actually listen.

• Uwe303
    edited March 2023

No problem, everyone can set this in the account settings. It's called signature.