Can my S88 MK2 operate without being connected with an external computer?

EagleThunder09
EagleThunder09 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Does it work without plugging it into a computer? Does it operate on its own by maybe configuring the MIDI outputs? If so, whats the setup? If not, I understsand.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

The S88 will work as a basic MIDI keyboard whennot connected to a computer with the MIDI Out port sending key and control signals.

More is explained in the manual but it's pretty standard stuff. What you do not get is any of hte Arp/Scale function as this is all functionality of Komplete Kontrol software so just notes and the CC for the encoders and mod wheels.

• EagleThunder09

Thank you for the quick response! I really appreciate it. I am pretty new to this, is there a topic or key word I can search to find it in the manual ; and the title of the manual?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

TBH, it's a pretty short read considering half of it is just images and worth reading front to back anyway. I guess you could quick step and find a search term, but pick 20 minutes out a day and just have a thumb through as there may be other things you didn't even know.

https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/manuals/komplete_kontrol/KOMPLETE_KONTROL_S-Series_MK2_SW_1_9_1_Manual_English.pdf

• EagleThunder09

Thank you again! Best advice I've gotten in years! Most appreciate your assistance!!