NKS User Library

Comments

• xxdream
    xxdream Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

does anyone have a current nks for output arcade

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert

UVI Phasor VST3 NKS

50 Factory presets, resources and template (the default preset is also the template)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bcn3rxlcidovel/UVI%20Phasor%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 79 Advisor

Hi,

here is Cherry Audio Mercury-6 VST3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xexl7rig70ur2ho/Mercury-6.zip?dl=0

Includes full mapping, sound previews, artwork and basic tagging.

Enjoy ! 😀

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert

Nice one, thanks!

• Scott Lawlor
    Scott Lawlor Member Posts: 3 Member

hi. i'm having an issue with getting third party reaktor libraries to work in komplete so can I post my question in this forum since it's related to nks or no? thanks.

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

Not in this thread - start a new one. It's probably because Reaktor isn't supporting Apple Silicon yet - try in Rosetta mode

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

I have no intention to make NKS of the factory patches for this a) because there are too many for me to manage and tbh not all of them are worth the effort b) it's so much more fun to make great patches of your own - so I am only making NKS of the patches I have created myself - so here is an update including my WIP bank of 74 patches for Cursus Vereor - I highly recommend putting a nice modulated synth reverb after this (as it doesn't have one) to really give these some space and polish. I used Tai Chi Lite with a slightly modified version of the preset 'Golden Room' (with wet/dry 50% and slightly larger verb size) - this includes the NKS and synth patches - all NKS patches fully tagged and with previews

https://www.dropbox.com/s/292kooy4thd6dpa/Cursus%20Vereor%20NKS%20and%20addon%20bank.zip?dl=0

• Sunborn

I don't have that plugin but your idea of custom presets is GOLD! I also do this, since always.

Basically one of the first things i also do (in almost any piece of music software) is to immediately delete most of those meaningless TONS of basses upon basses, pianos upon pianos, drum kits upon drum kits etc. etc. who all sounds the same, and just wasting disk space! ...i mean, how many pianos or basses a man really need? 😋

Having 100 options for every possible case is good, but having 10000, is not only confusing (up to frustration) but mostly, it struggles your creativity and distracts you from the real goal: to make some unique music (or at least, to having fun trying to...) 😉

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

Yeah for me the main reason to make NKS templates is so I can control and work with plugins like hardware. Also the whole process of breaking down a synth into functional pages is a great way to get to know how a synth works and what the priorities are for sound shaping. This is usually the first thing I do when I get a new synth as it puts me in the right place to begin to play with it and from that, if I click with it, my own presets just tend to emerge.

For me the main reason to save NKS patches is when a synth does come with some really good ones too that I want to favourite but it’s hard work to save all patches to NKS one by one when there’s so many I would never use.

• Sunborn
    edited March 2023

Spire VST3 NKS Template (TEST!)

I worked out a 21 pages template for the Spire VST3. It is somehow unstable (as @Kymeia and @JesterMgee mentioned) however i am pretty sure now, that i know where the problems occurred.

For start, the plugin itself (its VST3 version) it is unstable only on Maschine (most possible on Komplete too). On Cubase and Ableton it is working fine! I did some really heavy use of it on Cubase without any problem.

About the template, after trial and error, i ended up that the problems occurred basically on the LFO pages, for some reason, so i left them out completely. Now, every other knob is working well, however it is still crashing Maschine. But i noticed that this is happening when you map selectors (OSC mode, Filter type) and possibly some buttons too. It has to be that, since all knobs for OSCs, Filters, Envelopes and Effects are tested and working (at least on Windows). But please, i would like some of you to test it and share your results, before i edit it further. At the very least we can work out a template with all the working functions only. :-)

Note: For NI Resources use the excellent old ones by @Christos Adamos (check some comments above), just edit all names and folders from "spire-1 1" to "spire".

• Kymeia

FabFilter Twin 3 VST3 seems to be working now in Komplete Kontrol with the latest update - just a reminder that I made this template a while back

https://www.dropbox.com/s/772oeb65x1xprk4/Fabfilter%20Twin%203%20VST3%20NKS%20template.zip?dl=0

• Sunborn
    edited March 2023

Yes, your template is working fine (for me, also before it was working fine too)!

What is not working, are the presets that someone shared few months ago, which were for the VST2 version, so the conclusion is the FabFilter plugins are still not migrate from VST2 to VST3.

And a BUG Report: When you go on Maschine Preferences --> Plugins and you want to add a default template, it is impossible for the Twin 3 (also for the microKORG, and 1-2 more plugins). This is because Maschine treats them as FX and not as instruments (it asks for a .nkfsx file instead of a .nksf). I don't know if it is a Maschine bug or a plugin bug though.

However, the solution is simple, just rename the FabFilter Twin 3 VST3 template.nksf to FabFilter Twin 3 VST3 template.nksfx and it is loading fine, as an instrument! All the above is for Windows, don't know if apply to Mac too.

• OlivierFromGre
    OlivierFromGre Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi

It seems that the latest links for Fabfilter fx (Saturn 2, Timeless 3 and Volcano 3) are broken. Can anyone re-send them please?

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

Just go into the user library in my sig and you will find the folders on Dropbox - I made the whole library open for browsing and download