User Loop Files on Maschine Plus

Styles01
Styles01 Member Posts: 27 Member
edited March 2023 in Maschine

Ok, so there's plenty of explanation on how to load your own one-shots on Maschine Plus (on the SD Card) : load into storage mode -- go to the <User Content> folder and then create your folders and files -- cool.

But that's just for one shots. What about loops? You can go to user mode in the loops section of the hardware but it doesn't show loops. How/where do you drop those? I tried dropping them where Maschine saves local recorded loops, but that doesn't work.

Further complicating the problem is that Maschine actually handles one-shots and loops completely differently - One-Shots are handled by the "Sampler", whereas Loops are handled by the "Audio" engine, which allows for auto-looping. Meaning, if you just say "screw it" and you load Loops as though they are one shots via the <User Content> --> <One Shot> menu, you'll have to go back and switch the device back to <AUDIO> for each loop file/pad you load. Super slow and annoying. Clearly there should be a better way.

Doesn't seem to be any documentation about it or vids where people explain that. Was it just overlooked?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Answer ✓

I don't think it's handled based on location. Put them on your SD card or a USB stick or whatever. Plug that stick into your computer (yes; need a computer for this, sorry). Add it to your library. Now tag them as loops.

Eject and move it to M+. It will now see them as loops.

Answers

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Answer ✓

I don't think it's handled based on location. Put them on your SD card or a USB stick or whatever. Plug that stick into your computer (yes; need a computer for this, sorry). Add it to your library. Now tag them as loops.

Eject and move it to M+. It will now see them as loops.

• BouMcLaP_
    BouMcLaP_ Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2023

yup +1 @darkwaves no other way to do it.

But to help with that if you got plenty of sample to classify, I found a super usefull software that can automate the tagging for you and even add picture to your users banks.

It's called maschine auto tagger here's the link (not cheap but handmade by the dude and well done so it worth it)

https://drewh.gumroad.com/l/maschine-auto-tagger

Have a look

• Styles01
    Styles01 Member Posts: 27 Member

YES!!!!! This is absolutely the solution. I wish this was more clear in the documentation and videos made.

I will even say -- all you need to do is put the M+ into STORAGE mode so you can access the files directly from your computer and you can do it right in the software. It’s all handled through tagging. Much appreciated!