How do I point the new install of Maschine/Battery to their libraries on my external hard drive

manhippo
manhippo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

So, a while ago I got fed up with reinstalling terrabytes of data every time I moved machines, so I got myself an external hard drive and installed all my NI libraries on it. Now I just plug it into whatever machine I'm using and bingo. Or at least it used to be.

Just setting up a new machine as my old laptop died. However, seems like I can no longer point maschine to the factory library location. In battery, I can load the library as a user folder and then all the content shows up in the users area, but in maschine if i do the same thing, says I need to activate the kits through native access.

Neither seems to offer a relocate like with Kontakt, and there is no option in NA to activate a library without installing it via download. I'm trying to avoid downloading everything again. That's the whole point here.

I appreciate that for developers who live in a major city with fast internet as the norm this seems wierd, but I live in a yurt on a hillside in rural Spain and run off of a 4g internet connection. I don't want to max out my entire month's internet data on downloading a bunch of libraries I already have sitting on a hard drive. What's the fix here?

Cheers,

Jonathan.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hey Jonathan,

You didn't specify if you were on Mac or Windows. On Mac there is this workaround:

Tips: Transfer all your Komplete products to a new Mac without reinstalling (not only Kontakt libs)

On Windows, unfortunately there is no way around it, the locate function is only available for Kontakt libraries at the moment, the workaround for Battery will not work for the Maschine Factory Library. It should be possible at some point as this feature is in the backlog for the Native Access team but right now, the best advise would probably be to find a place with a good internet connection and download and install the Maschine Factory Library from there.

I wish I could help you more. I also must admit I envy you right now, after a few months of grey winter in Berlin.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hey Jonathan,

You didn't specify if you were on Mac or Windows. On Mac there is this workaround:

Tips: Transfer all your Komplete products to a new Mac without reinstalling (not only Kontakt libs)

On Windows, unfortunately there is no way around it, the locate function is only available for Kontakt libraries at the moment, the workaround for Battery will not work for the Maschine Factory Library. It should be possible at some point as this feature is in the backlog for the Native Access team but right now, the best advise would probably be to find a place with a good internet connection and download and install the Maschine Factory Library from there.

I wish I could help you more. I also must admit I envy you right now, after a few months of grey winter in Berlin.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,352 Expert

@manhippo even for a developer living in a large modern city with fast unlimited internet connection it’s a pain and waste of time (and therefore also money).

@Jeremy_NI +1 for promoting this fix (it’s not really a feature as it works for all Maschine Expansions).