Kks61 trigger sustain pedal with knob in mixer cubase

Jw1988
Jw1988 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi! My komplete kontrol s61 seems to trigger sustain pedal when lowering volume on knob 1 in mixer mode when using cubase. Anyone else got this issue? And does anyone know a solution?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Jw1988 It could be a wrong MIDI assignment. Open the standalone Komplete Kontrol application with the keyboard connected.

Is there a CC64 or CC65 assigned to the knob?

If this is the case put another CC here or create a new template it will create a default one.

Now still in the Komplete Kontrol standalone app, disconnect the keyboard and check MIDI assignments for the Komplete Kontrol plug-in:

Delete any assignment by clicking on this x.

If that was not the issue, then it might be a setting in Cubase.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023

I don't use Komplete keyboards, but this is a weird post for me.

I was commenting last week that I was convinced that Scarbee bass, volume, would drop when using sustain for slides. I just figured it to be a bizarre coincidence as the two really aren't related. I haven't recorded with the bass in a month so I can't confirm it, but it has me curious.

Does it happen with any specific instrument?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    edited March 2023

Have you by chance set the "Komplete Kontrol DAW" port as a MIDI input (which it should not be as it is a DAW control port)?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Jw1988 It could be a wrong MIDI assignment. Open the standalone Komplete Kontrol application with the keyboard connected.

Is there a CC64 or CC65 assigned to the knob?

If this is the case put another CC here or create a new template it will create a default one.

Now still in the Komplete Kontrol standalone app, disconnect the keyboard and check MIDI assignments for the Komplete Kontrol plug-in:

Delete any assignment by clicking on this x.

If that was not the issue, then it might be a setting in Cubase.