Unable to install a few Instruments/Expansions

Batsauce
Batsauce Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Greetings!

I recently wipe my MacBook Pro (Catalina 10.15.7) clean & reinstalled everything. Unfortunately, I am having trouble installing the following:

Abbey Road 60s Drummer

Drum Lab

Ethereal Earth

Hybrid Keys

Scarbee Mark 1

The Gentleman

The Grandeur

Vintage Organs

I have tried on numerous occasions. I have the latest version of NI Access & plenty of storage space. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Batsauce
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI

Thanks for yr response!

I made sure my permissions were correct for Full Disk Access. Still no luck. I am going to reach out to NI Support and try to get the installers.

Thanks again

Answers

• beatlehrer
    beatlehrer Member Posts: 17 Member

Look where your Download is Located (klick on the three dots)

It should be on user/shared

Not locking the Screen often helped me on bigger Downloads.

What happens when you try to install ? Is the Download Crashing ?

• Batsauce

Appreciate the reply!

I have it set to users/shared. Everything else installed successfully except for those 8 items.

2 Questions:

How do I not 'lock the Screen'?

Is it possible to get the ISO for those expansions I'm having trouble installing?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited March 2023

@Batsauce Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Native Access and the NTK Daemon, as explained here: Native Access Error Message: "Installation Failed" (Mac)

If that doesn't help, my colleagues can help out and provide installers if needed, you can get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• Batsauce
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI

Thanks for yr response!

I made sure my permissions were correct for Full Disk Access. Still no luck. I am going to reach out to NI Support and try to get the installers.

Thanks again

• Rol
    Rol Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2023

Same here, only with:

Drum Lab, Scarbee Mark 1, The Gentleman, The Grandeur, Vintage Organs.

Funny thing: I had D:\NI\Content as the content directory. When I created a C:\NI\Content directory structure and edited it in Native Access, as soon as I clicked on save: those all got downloaded right away (these had been in the queue).. So, Native Instruments, I guess you may have a bug here...

So, I copied all to the D:\NI\Content, changed the preferences in Native Access again to D: drive.

I renamed the C;\NI\Content to C:\NI_TEMP\Content, refreshed all in native access. Now, drum lab complains, I relocated it and hey! a checkmark!

Then suddenly also updates were downloaded and installed.

It still complained a couple of times on that invalid directory, however: restart Native Access and also those were gone.