Bug in Guitar Rig 6.3.0 vst3 Stoned Phaser Expert Panel

mdmc_de
mdmc_de Member Posts: 3 Member

after upgrading my GR5 to the GR 6.3.0 and importing my GR5 user presets in the GR6 vst3 PlugIn in Cubase I had to realize a different sound in presets that use the phaser "Stoned Phaser". Comparing the expert panel parameters I saw that the parameters "Notch" and "Color" were different from the GR5 parameters. In GR6 vst3 (DAW Cubase Pro 10.5.30) it was not possible to change these parameters with the mouse, there was a flickering and only max and min values were possible (!), for example no "Notch" value 2, 3 or 4 possible. Doing the same in the GR6 stand alone the behaviour was ok, even loading the old sounds.

A similar problem with the phaser "Phases" in using parameters "Setuplet" und "Notches", vst3 not ok, stand alone ok.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

Best Answer

• mdmc_de
    Answer ✓

Hello,

thank you for your quick answer. I also made the test with only taking the "Stoned Phaser" in the stand alone GR6, stored this, and opened it in the vst3 in Cubase 10.5.30. The same result. But today I made another test with my Wavelab Elements that I have also in an older Version (WL 9.5.50). I also did the Test with the vst3 GR6 and couldn´t believe: there is no problem in Wavelab Elements, all parameters of the Stoned Phaser are correct. So it seems there is a problem that I have to deal with Steinberg, sorry and thanks a lot.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Hello,

i can´t test it, i don´t have old gr5 user presets with those fx. Have you tried to delete those fx and re-insert them on the same place in the preset? I can only test it with new presets and then it works like it should ( i tested with cubase 12)

• mdmc_de
    Answer ✓

Hello,

thank you for your quick answer. I also made the test with only taking the "Stoned Phaser" in the stand alone GR6, stored this, and opened it in the vst3 in Cubase 10.5.30. The same result. But today I made another test with my Wavelab Elements that I have also in an older Version (WL 9.5.50). I also did the Test with the vst3 GR6 and couldn´t believe: there is no problem in Wavelab Elements, all parameters of the Stoned Phaser are correct. So it seems there is a problem that I have to deal with Steinberg, sorry and thanks a lot.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod

Hi,

I could not reproduce this with Cubase 12, I can change the Notch and Color parameters on the Stoned Phaser just fine.

Could you maybe share your GR5 user preset so that I can try to import it and see if that makes a difference?