Komplete Kontrol - 1, EXT - 1 and DAW - 1

abritabroad
abritabroad Member Posts: 33 Member

Newbie question but what is the difference between these three inputs and outputs in the preference screen? I normally enable all three but I would like to know!!

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

If I recall correctly; Komplete Kontrol-1 is the driver for the KK software interface to/from the NI keyboards via USB, DAW-1 is for creating a machine control [control surface ie:transport] inside your DAW, and EXT-1 is the driver for generic MIDI control to/from an NI keyboard as well as throughput for those that have 5 pin DIN connections.

All 3 are device drivers that are TSR, but you generally only need to enable KK-1 and DAW-1 in your DAW preferences.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

If I recall correctly; Komplete Kontrol-1 is the driver for the KK software interface to/from the NI keyboards via USB, DAW-1 is for creating a machine control [control surface ie:transport] inside your DAW, and EXT-1 is the driver for generic MIDI control to/from an NI keyboard as well as throughput for those that have 5 pin DIN connections.

All 3 are device drivers that are TSR, but you generally only need to enable KK-1 and DAW-1 in your DAW preferences.

• abritabroad
    abritabroad Member Posts: 33 Member

Thankyou so much. All three of those show up in my midi preferences in ableton son now I I have a better understanding of what is what! Thanks again!!