NA 3.20: "Installs" itself again after EVERY PC reboot/sleep/wake cycle?

Vocalpoint
Vocalpoint Member Posts: 901 Guru
edited March 2023 in Native Access

When I installed NA 3.20 just over one week ago it was rocking! It was caching all the license and activation data and started almost instantly.

But testing all last week AND now just moments ago - NA2 gives me a noticeable 30 second delay AND the app goes into a reinstall cycle installing "dependencies" all over again. Several "DOS-like" windows flashed by and then the app appears to be normal again.

I can now confirm this occurs after every reboot and each sleep/wake cycle. But once the app has been opened at least once during the day AND the PC is not power cycled - NA remains normal. But there is clearly something strange going on this version as well.

I have placed a ticket with support but have heard nothing.

FWIW - 3.1.0 exhibited no issues and while it did run much slower than 3.20 (Due to no caching of products/licensing) - I did not see any weird "reinstall" cycles occurring.

Anyone else notice anything odd like this?

VP

Tagged:

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Hi @Vocalpoint I see that our senior support agent is now on your case. Pls update us how you get on.

• Vocalpoint

They have not responded back to me in over a week. And I have sent them a ton of intel.

All I can tell you right now is that the NTKDaemon Service (v1.1.0) will (without fail) uninstall itself and then instantly reinstall itself every two days at a minimum.

I cannot find a single reason why this is occurring and can confirm 100% that it did not occur with NA 3.10 and prior. Those version were slower by a large margin but at least they stayed installed.

VP

• Vocalpoint

Update: Heard back from support today and they are now saying that a specific file within the MS Visual C++ Redistributable may be out of date or problematic.

I have updated the three VC Redistributables on the DAW to the very latest and will monitor the behavior of NA 3.20 over the weekend.

So far today - it seems to be operating normally (no reinstalls) but it continues to have issues with 3rd party libraries when a new serial number is added.

Today I purchased the new Hemisphere library from Fracture Sounds, added it's serial to NA 3.20 and clicked OK - NA then went into a huge extended period of a spinning refresh wheel as it seemed to try to get this new product situated.

After waiting for what seemed like 5 minutes of spinning - I killed the app, restarted it and hit Refresh again - then after a few seconds the "New!" label appeared in the left nav bar and NA finally recognized that Hemisphere was added to my account and I proceeded to install it.

Same thing happened last week with Bassynth from Wave Alchemy. 3.20 has some serious issues recognizing new third party libraries.

VP

• Vocalpoint

Just another update on this from yesterday. The Native Access installer again decided to automatically uninstall itself and reinstall itself - even with the very latest VC++ Redistributables on the DAW.

That solution needs to stop coming from support as they clearly have no idea what is causing this bizarre behavior.

And I just started NA again seconds ago - and it reinstalled itself AGAIN.

VP

• Martin90
    Martin90 Member Posts: 1 Member

I have the exact same issue (PC, Windows 11). Every time I start Native Access after a reboot of the PC, it requests admin permissions and installs the dependencies again. Afterwards, NA works properly, but this is pretty annoying because it takes a long time until you can actually use it.

• Vocalpoint

I have now changed my actual NA icon (on Start Menu) to run as Admin moments ago - will test it this way for a day or two and see what happens.

VP