Why is there a $Hash playlist and can you hide it?

I regularly check in which playlists a track is listed.

I always see $Collection and $Hash

I don't see the added value of the confirmation that the track is in the collection but what is the $hash playlist anyway?

Tagged:

Comments

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @EddieAllFlow, thanks for bringing this up - I had to investigate this myself, I have seen this oftentimes but never spent another thought on it. So this is the explanation I received from one of our devs:

"This is an internal detail of the browser leaking out into user land. The “#HASH” playlist is part of every collection to “hash” results from artists, etc."

Hence, you can simply ignore it.

• EddieAllFlow
    EddieAllFlow Member Posts: 6 Member

Thanks for the clarification!

I would request to close the leak! ;-)

Bothe the $Collection and $Hash playlists are not of any use so it can be regarded as a bug!

Keep up the good work!

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

I agree, it could be regarded as a bug or at least as unintended behavior. Perhaps our devs will address this now that I flagged the issue. After all, it's strictly cosmetical in a not-so-common use case, so it might not get the highest priority - but that's just a guess.

• EddieAllFlow
    EddieAllFlow Member Posts: 6 Member

I agree that it is cosmetical, but for me the use case is very common though.

I use checking the playlists all the time when I am replacing old tracks with better quality replacements and want to have the new ones in the same playlists as the old file.

Thanks for flagging it anyway!