Traktor 3.8 Issues with S3 Kontrol

Hex
Hex Member Posts: 3 Member

I have updated to 3.8 but there an issue with sound sending out through the master with the volume faders down. To fix it, I have to reset the faders up to down every time I load in a Track to a deck. It also affected how the music is being analyzed, for example, a song that is normally 90 bpm, 3.8 will now double it. I'm sorry to say but these last few updates have been trash. 3.6 was pretty solid version of the software.

Am I missing something or are these updates are just still beta?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hex
    Answer ✓

So turning off "Reset all deck controls when loading track" seem to be the issue, and I had the option turned on as part of my default setting. Once I turned it off, the problem no longer persist.

Answers

• PietroDi
    PietroDi Member Posts: 5 Member

I don't really understand how S3 factors into this?

There's an option in Traktor Pro 3, under "Loading", to "Reset all mixer controls when loading track". Is that what you're after? This will ensure that the last setting (e.g. 0% volume) will be honored. A similar setting can be found there as well, "Reset all deck controls when loading track".

If I recall correctly there was an issue with an upgrade from 3.x to 3.y where some BPMs/cue points got mangled, but from at least the latest version - 1 (3.7) to the latest version (3.8) that's been solved.

As a fellow Traktor S3-user: Hope this helps...

• Spazoo
    Spazoo Member Posts: 41 Helper

I would not recommend "Reset all deck controls when loading track" unless, maybe, when mixing from a computer keyboard and not using a hardware controller.

"Reset all deck controls when loading track" can cause Traktor software settings to be out of sync with controller settings, after a new track is loaded.

• Hex
    Answer ✓

So turning off "Reset all deck controls when loading track" seem to be the issue, and I had the option turned on as part of my default setting. Once I turned it off, the problem no longer persist.

• Quade
    Quade Member Posts: 231 Advisor

I fully agree with you on that regarding the 3.6, but I prefer 3.5 more than the recent updates. Regarding the reset options, personal experience speaking, since I started using Traktor, those I have always had turned off.

Hope this helps