GUI design: adventures in Blender.

Comments

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro
    edited March 2023

Getting there.

This will be a GUI with mouse button control for the keyboard.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Anyone willing to help me out?

I'm trying to incorporate a keyboard macro (built with the help of ColB and Bolabo) into Guido Weber's Juno 60 build. This build contains multiple Note Pitch In's and Midi Gate In's, making it a little more complex than i had anticipated.

I hoped it would be a case of making some connections, but i can't get it to work properly. I tested it with a simple self-made 8 voice Instrument and it worked flawlessly.

Any help is very much appreciated. Credits in the UL post, and on the GUI itself (if i can find a good spot).

This is Guido Weber's unaltered, original build with the keyboard macro inside (unconnected):

I left it unconnected to not create a mess beforehand. The file i made trying to connect the keyboard turned into a bit of a mess 😆.

Many thanks beforehand!

Eventually, the GUI should look something like this:

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Diddling around with something and learning how to do procedural sparkle textures.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Greets,

Bolle

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 798 Guru

Your GUI looks very good - just like a Juno. But why are you using that particular ensemble to produce the audio?

There isn't any attempt there to model an actual Juno. Even something as fundamental as the oscillators. In a juno the oscillators are one per voice - no doubling, just a basic DCO (like a basic oscillator with some clock noise, jitter, and tuning inaccuracies). But that ens has every OSC doubled to 'fatten' it up. It sounds OK I suppose, but not even close to a Juno! And the chorus is also not close to the original. It has 2 delay lines per channel instead of 1! and that chorus is THE Juno 'thing'.

The ancient Factory legacy library 'juno' is much closer to the real thing. IIRC there was a zip with Reaktor at one point that contained all that old stuff... There is at least one Juno emulation in the UL based on that old factory implementation, the only thing it doesn't do well is the arpeggiator.

Kind of a shame to create a convincing looking GUI, then fill it with... that. How many folk will download it because of the looks, then assume the sound is the best that Reaktor can do?

...AFAIK, the best Roland clone in the UL is by Trial'N'Error, but it's a Jupiter remix, not Juno -hewever is does have a really good arpeggiator implementation. Jasper (Chrono) Broeks has a Juno 106 based on the old Factory ens, which is much better than the one you are using. Not sure if those guys are active these days, so getting permission to reskin might be tricky... but that old factory thing... maybe @Paule knows where the collection zip would be in the Reaktor install?

• Bolle

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited March 2023

Logo redesign with pearl texture. Better

Also redesigning the dual-function (top/bottom) knobs.

Redid the metal knobs in black for a more uniform look.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Could be a nice base for an electric piano style skin.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited March 2023

Trying something out, creating a typical VSTi look.

Forced perspective. Flattened GUI... Uniform lighting conditions... I usually go for an hyperreal looking GUI, like having a real life instrument on your screen. But this doesn't look too bad either.

Progress:

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Bullwhip Overdrive.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited June 2023

Getting there.