Possibility to save an instrument although it's a Kontakt Player?

Sir Hannes
Sir Hannes Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2023 in Kontakt

Hi,

I am into production so not able to fix my external ssd which disconnects randomly, so I loose my Kontakt instance (Orchestra Tools ARK, Piano Patch). I'd like to save that patch with all samples on my internal SSD. Save As Option greyed out, I read this is due to "Player" instrument.

I am not familiar with what that means. But do you think, there's an option for me to disconnect that SSD and load from internal only this patch?

Thank you!

M1 MBP 16" Monterey, LogicPro 10.7.7

Answers

• Sir Hannes

Your link and its content does not answer my question.

Loading that ARK patch into full version of Kontakt 5 doesn't allow me to save, still.

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

I'm not the best person to help, not having used Player or Mac computers. But since no-one else is answering..

As far as I know no library with its samples locked, including all Player libraries, will allow Kontakt (even the full version) to move or copy the samples, which have to be referenced from the location you installed them.

You could try this: copy the relevant samples of your instrument (?.nkx) to a properly functioning drive, disconnect the rogue ssd, and try to load the instrument. When it can't find the samples, redirect it and (if successful) save the instrument (best change the name slightly to be on the safe side)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Sir Hannes I believe even these libraries would only need the Player version. I'm not sure Kontakt 5 will work 100% on a M1 with Monterey, it was discontinued quite a while ago and is not supported on newer operating systems? Have you tried with Kontakt 6 Player or Kontakt 7 Player?

Also have you given Full Disk Access to Logic and whatever version of Kontakt you're using? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Sir Hannes

Thanks for your answers, guys. Guess, there's no option for me.

@Jeremy: yes, Full Disk Access was enabled already, Kontakt 5 works here parallel to Kontakt 7 on Monterey, M1, LogicPro 10.7.5

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

Did you try what I suggested? Works with Windows.

• Sir Hannes

Not yet, but will try! I made a note :)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@sirdonuts Any updates?