Traktor Kontrol S8 buttons not working on Traktor Pro 3

Options

So I upgraded to Windows 11 and Traktor Pro 3 recently. Most of the things work like a charm, but I found out that:

• Traktor buttons do not work
  • Channel VU meters do not work (only on live input)

I've searched if I could find if this problem already posted, but I couldn't find any. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I've installed latest drivers, firmware, updates, etc. Removed and resetted everything, but still, no VU meters and Traktor button is not working.

I guess it's not too much of a problem (since I use live inputs and not direct-thru), although not having the VU meters per channel is annoying for EQ-ing.

Some help would be highly appreciated!

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,747 mod
    Options

Do you have more than one controller mapping file active for the S8? I ask because this is the number one reason for buttons to activate and then deactivate with the result of causing no status update.

• Christiaan
    Christiaan Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

No... There is only the S8 mapping. And the default keyboard mapping. Also, I restored to default, deleted the S8 mapping and added it again. And only the Traktor button and VU channel meters are affected.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Can you write exactly what you mean by "Traktor button". All buttons? Deck buttons? Mixer buttons? Screen buttons?

• Christiaan
    Christiaan Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Yeah, these are the buttons to switch between Traktor and Direct Thru. They sit just below the Gain knobs on each channel.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

You could try this with earlier versions of Traktor, to pinpoint where the problems are coming from. Don't have an S8 to test this myself. The qml files don't seem to define what the DeckType buttons do.