Traktor Kontrol S3 - Low Audio Output Problem

Comments

• Quade
    Quade Member Posts: 231 Advisor

Good Day @Ryan_NI

I trust all is going well. I have been enjoying the new firmware update & has been working very very well, only i have picked up a few issues :

#1 - Beat Sync

> I have noticed a few times that the tempo drops back to a track's original bpm instead of keeping the current bpm of the track playing ( happens like 2 or 3 times during my sets ) , not sure why & have never experienced something like this before

#2 - Current Traktor Pro Version ( Not Beta )

> After the firmware update of the hardware, the audio levels have improved significantly ( Both for Main Output & Headphones THANK YOU ) , However, last night it happened again where the headphone level dropped again which I cannot come to terms which why suddenly, i used my new Pioneer head sets on the club's dmj350 mixer & audio level between 12 & 1 is adequate enough, as for on the unit it's back to 3 & 4 on the volume adjustment. Not sure if you need a statistic report from my setup, I will test later today using my Pioneer DDJ-T1 DJ Controller , as well as the Denon MC3000 & see if there's a difference & provide feedback.

#3 - A Possible Request for the Traktor Kontrol S3

>Perhaps it's unlikely for a request such as this but would it be possible for an audio driver to be released based on the Traktor Kontrol S3 (Wasapi Exclusive) setting. This would be great if it could be implemented once the device gets connected to the laptop, it would be ideal for this as a dj controller's audio gets auto selected using the correct audio driver. I am familiarizing myself to select the Wasapi Exclusive driver, but at times i forget to do even tho I have enough time before my set, I always try ensure that I have selected the correct settings.

For now that is all I'd like to report, I will provide feedback in due time.

Again many thanks for all you help.

Warm Regards

Quade

• Quade

Good Morning @Ryan_NI

Cc @Jonas_NI

I have taken the Beta 2 for a spin last night using my Traktor Kontrol S3 ( with updated firmware installed on the unit ) & Traktor has prompted me again after a long time if I would like to use the Traktor Kontrol S3 audio driver & I noticed it auto-selected the Shared Wasapi Driver, so I had to change it to the Exclusive driver before I updated to the Beta update, & we are back to the same audio problem again. This time I had to turn the master volume to the max to get the volume out, I had to even turn up the gains of the channels to around 3'o'clock, of which the tracks were playing in the red, and my headphones level has turned up 3/4 before I could actually hear the following track in the cue.

I will revert back to the most stable version 3.5.3 but will only be able to test it out later tonight again & provide feedback again.

Again I humbly appreciate you looking into this matter & working on resolving this.

Thank You

Warm Regards

Quade

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor

And what happens if you play with 3.6.0.313? Does the issue still happen? It’s very weird that the software is related with the HW output levels…

• Quade

Good Afternoon Aleix

I am not sure if I have that version, will check when I get home just now. It is totally bizarre that something like thing happened all-of-a-sudden , I doubt reloading the S3 firmware will help as it has already been updated, the only thing now is for me to downgrade the software to the most stable build & test again, but I will only be able to test tonight at my gig, unfortunately.

I will definitely provide feedback on this, no doubt. I used both my Pioneer Headsets last night as a test & the same audio results so I do not know what to say, but I will be downgrading & testing tonight & provide feedback in the morning.

Thanks for checking in. Much Appreciated.

Regards

Quade

• Quade

Good morning @Ryan_NI

Cc @Jonas_NI

I have downgraded to the stable version & audio is sorted.

I have a feeling that the profile has not been carried over to the Beta version 2.

Both master output & headphone levels are adequate.

Just thought you should be aware.

Waem Regards

Quade

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Quade can you report this bug in the beta section as well if you haven't already?

• Quade

This Thread Can Be Closed

No Further Action Can Be Taken As There Is No Further Attempt To Investigate This Issue!

Thank You

• Quade

Just an update, the recent RC release has messed up the audio profile completely.

With my limiter on

The master volume is up 3/4 volume

The headphones volume is maxed out & cannot hear tracks.

Don't know what NI team is up to but honestly this is now really unacceptable.

The voices are being aired regarding the Traktor Kontrol S3 unit & it's volume issue but this is not being considered.

I used my unit for the 2nd time this weekend, I am experiencing the same issue. Since ver 3.5 & the firmware release, the audio profile has been absolutely amazing

What changed?

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

hey @Quade thanks for the heads up - could you share this in the Traktor Beta channel? That's where QA and the devs are gathering their information regarding bugs for beta / RC releases. Thanks!

• Jaqs
    Jaqs Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi @Quade wondering if you can tell me if you think the volume is better with the S3 (new firmware) and Traktor Pro 3.8.0.46?

I have just bought an S3 and the headphone volume seems very low compared to my Z2. I haven't yet plugged it into speakers to test that output but deciding whether to return it or not. I also tried with a backup version of Traktor Pro 3.5.3.303 but I couldn't hear any difference.

@Ryan_NI do you know if the issue has been fixed or, if not, which version of Traktor Pro I should be using (and how to find an installer)? Or is it still being worked on to bring the new profiles across to Traktor Pro?

Looking for any advice on how to improve the headphone volume of if this is how it will stay and just very different to say the Z2.

Thanks

Jacqui

• Quade

Hey @Jaqs

Thanks for replying & looking at my thread. To be honest I doubt there will be any further attention drawn to this article. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your headsets, I use mine on the Pioneer DJM 600 mixer & works absolutely perfect, on my Pioneer DDJ-T1 & Denon MC3000 the audio output on both Master & Headphones level are satisfactory.

The problem lies within the Dev coding as I have ruled out all other possibilities & have concluded that the problem lies in the coding that I feel the development team does not seem to be any interested in resolving. I have requested for a standard audio driver for the S3 but there has not been any further communication since.

Upon the firmware release in May, during the beta time, the audio was satisfactory at the time, but then when the 1st 3.7rc was released, the audio profile never got carried over again & I have been stuck ever since.

I have given up on trying to get my voice heard for all other S3 users to assist them where voices are not heard & I feel that that is not their priority nor problem anymore. NI has been gracious enough to reply on my thread & kept me posted but eventually all silence as usual.

I have been trying to look into the dev coding myself but whatever changes I made, Traktor crashes once I launch the software.

Till this day, NI has the main focus Of Pattern player & pro plus, but nothing else being done regarding the user's requests about flickering browsers, unstable waveforms, Traktor crashes due to latency issues / volume issues users are experiencing (to name a few)

I do not have any further information or updates on this matter but if anything changes or comes up, I shall update this thread.

I do humbly appreciated you taking your time. Into reading through this thread.

Regards

Quade

• Jaqs

Hi @Quade that’s disappointing to hear but thanks for replying. Are you still using Traktor Pro 3.5?

• Jaqs

Hi again @Quade and @Ryan_NI

In my panic yesterday I had plugged in the S3 but not turned the power on so it was running on USB power. I just tested with power on and it’s good!!

So Quade try with the latest firmware and latest Pro 3 and it should be good, or return it and swap for a new one.

I also followed some instructions on changing the limiter and auto gain settings which you could try too.

Good luck and I hope you find a solution!

• Quade

Hey @Jaqs

Thank you for your reply.

I am running the latest version of Traktor. From my side, I am experiencing the very same issue as described in this thread, but it has been much worse than before. I have no issues with my Pioneer headphones nor having to use my headphones on a DJ mixer. My argument will remain that it is the developer's coding that is the issue. As indicated before, I have no issues with any of my other gear, only the S3. The unit is not defective as I have stated since the release of the firmware, it had improved dramatically, but ever since the newer releases, the audio output became worse.

Hence I have given up voicing the concern for other S3 users as this issue is not being considered any longer. I noticed more & more people are purchasing the S3 unit & experiencing this audio issue. Clearly it is not the units being purchased but the actual coding. That is where the problem lies.

This thread is still active for others to comment on / watching for any updates on "POSSIBLE" firmware releases or the announcement of an audio driver specifically for the S3 controller.

That is my honest view really.

• Yannick D
    Yannick D Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi,

I have resolved my Headphone volume being too low by changing the Audio Setup in Traktor 3 to:

Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 (WASPI (Exclusive Mode))

All my volumes are now at max, if using the (Shared Mode), I believe the Windows sound control panel controls the max sound output. So you may need to slide to Max the volumes in windows settings.

This fixed My headphone output and all deck level. I was using Shared Mode and the windows slider was at 50%...

Thanks

Yannick