Maschine 2: Piano roll preview when moving/dragging notes or events

Rebelkleff
Rebelkleff Member Posts: 11 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

I love maschine software so much but this is a painfully glaring omission.

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place just hoping this can be seen by the community and hopefully flagged up once more. Been a much discussed topic in the previous forum (since 2019)

please NI 🙏

Comments

• Michael Arthur Holloway
    Michael Arthur Holloway Member Posts: 5 Member

Maybe clarify what you mean? Personally I have no idea what you are talking about...

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod

Simple... Click a note and hear it as you move it around; also hear it even if you don't move it, this + not having note names and a tiny piano roll vertically always annoyed the heck out of me.

It would be nice to have an on/off option.

Yes, definitively; it's a nice standard feature but can also get very annoying depending on we are doing.

We sort of have something similar for Groups in Pad Mode already, it would be nice to also have it for the Piano roll, been asking for years.

• badaz
    badaz Member Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2022

I recently acquired a Maschine plus and, for now, I use it in standalone in order to really learn standalone mode. I encountered this problem and thought that I'd just not found the correct SHIFT + button combo to enable this. I found a post on the old NI forum mentioning this too, dating back to 2018. This feature is a must have IMO. It is standard behaviour in most DAWS. I understand it might be annoying according to what you're doing at a given time, but then you put the option as a toggle in front of the user whenever they are using the note edit view and it should be alright.

So +1000 for this feature !