Preset is silent when auditioned in Native Access but loads and plays in Kontakt 7

carwellbob
carwellbob Member Posts: 2 Member

Title says it all. I have Kontakt 7 and Native Access 2. Everything works...except: for only a few libraries if I select one of the library tiles in Native Access, the presets for it appear in the right column. But when I click on one or scroll over them, I hear no sound. However if I double click and load the same preset it comes up in Kontakt and plays just fine.

How do I get those presets to sound in Native Access without having to load them into a Kontakt instance ?

Bob

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited March 2023

Actually Bob, your title is misleading because you're getting the terminology wrong.

Native Access is the software used for installing your products. What you're referring to is the 'Kontakt Browser', which was designed in a similar way that NA was. I guess it was done for continuity, but probably leads to confusion for new users.

I can't help with the silent presets, but I remember having a similar experience when I had K7 installed for a brief period. But again, Kontakt is the instance and you're talking about loading a preset as an instrument into Kontakt

• carwellbob
    carwellbob Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks for the correction from this newb. Yes I now recall its called the Kontakt Browser, not NA. Still don't know the answer though why the silent presets. Sent a support question to NI.- Bob

And here are some libraries that exhibit the problem: 8Dio Postapacalyptic Guitar, Berlin Woodwinds, Cinematic Strings, Sound Iron Emotional Piano.

Any clues ?

Bob

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 850 Guru
    Answer βœ“

None of these are NKS compliant libraries - hence no sound previews.

Only NKS enabled libraries offer the previews in the Kontakt 7 browser.

VP

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Answer βœ“

No prob, Bob πŸ˜€ Looks like VP answered your question.