Im looking for Virtual instruments that work with Acid Music Studio 10

mr_
mr_ Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Which ones do?

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    Answer ✓

ACID Music Studio 11 has 64-bit support, so you might want to upgrade. If this thing supports VST3, then there shouldn't be issues.

Though, better ask Magix directly to be really sure. And test it out by using Kontakt Player and a free instrument like e.g. Hammersmith Free.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Does version AMS 10 have VST2/VST3 support (could not find any info on that) or you having issues with a specific NI instrument?

• mr_

Im not sure how to check for its capacity but i was told Acid Music Studio 10 is 32 bit and not everything Native Instruments offers works with 32 bit programs.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    Answer ✓

ACID Music Studio 11 has 64-bit support, so you might want to upgrade. If this thing supports VST3, then there shouldn't be issues.

Though, better ask Magix directly to be really sure. And test it out by using Kontakt Player and a free instrument like e.g. Hammersmith Free.

• mr_

I got Kontakt Player 7 already, ill check out the Hammersmith stuff. Thanks!

• mr_

Thanks to both of you*

• mr_

I have been trying to find out on the magix company forums because they have no customer support, gotta love it, if Acid Music Studio 10 will support any realistic sounding instruments, and i also asked the question of whether it supports VST2 or VST3. The people who responded are imbeciles. I have gotten no answers there, only lots of harassment.

Does Native Instruments have a Customer Support email or chat?

• mr_

Got an answer myself, just from exploring options:

BandLab is free to use and has free virtual instruments that are quite good. Anything you write you can download as a MIDI file or Audio file (and import into ACID Music Studio 10, i tested it)

Splice.com also has real instruments soundbytes you can buy, very cheap. And use however you will. 

Ive been doing both.

On Splice, im paying the 12.99 monthly plan and getting 100 sounds per month. You can also buy more if you need more, for like 5 bucks extra. So youll get 200 sounds for 18 bucks if you go that route. Any sounds of your choosing. You can buy them one by one. You dont have to buy whole packs. And your credit carries over to the next month. You can also pause your subscription. Or cancel it, if you want, but if you cancel with unused credit, the credit will be lost. Not your sounds, just your credit.

I actually found my European Folk instruments on Splice. Im crazy happy about that. CRAZY Happy.

I highly recommend these 2 methods. Theyre wonderful.

Native Instruments i have yet to try with Acid Music Studio 10. ill give an update if i try it and it works.