Supreme Edition Mod - PadFX Ideas

Michael Niotakis
Michael Niotakis Member Posts: 54 Helper
edited March 5 in Mapping Traktor

The modding community have outdone themselves to create some fantastic custom QML mappings for Traktor Pro 3. They have pushed the limits of the current Traktor Kontrol line-up AND injected more life into so-called "obsolete" controllers. We salute you.

The PadFX feature of Supreme Edition Mod is an exciting development with a seemingly endless 64 banks of Instant Effects and Animated Effects available. It's almost like DJTechtool's Twisted Gratification for your Traktor controller.

Taking inspiration from https://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=63445 and https://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=17380 I thought we could try to fill all 64 banks by sharing ideas (and code) around.

Housekeeping:

Big shout out to @Aleix Jiménez for his efforts in evolving his mod and supporting it. It is available via PATREON - https://www.patreon.com/supremeedition

This particular thread is to share PadFX ideas and settings.

For PadFX bugs and non-PadFX bugs/queries please discuss in https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/supreme-edition-mod.348539/

To future proof, let's try to cite the Supreme Edition Mod version.

Tagged:

Comments

• Michael Niotakis

I'll start. This is my adaptation of a Crossfader Mixing Technique centred around building atmosphere (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruF_YlOdM4w&t=595s). It includes animated/dynamic values.

It's still WIP but I am still reasonably satisfied with it's progress.

Supreme Edition Mod 3.0 BETA 32

name   : "Crossfader Building Atmosphere",

color   : "Yellow",

routing   : "Insert",

effect1   : "Strrretch (Slow)",

effect2   : "Delay T3",

effect3   : "Iceverb",

drywet   : { value: 0.3, min: 0.3, max: 0.6, delta: 7 },

knob1   : { value: 0.5, min: 0.2, max: 0.7, delta: -5 },

knob2   : 0.5,

knob3   : 0.8,

button1   : 1,

button2   : 1,

button3   : 1

• Michael Niotakis

@mg_1978

I'm hoping this will satisfy your concerns. Settings adapted from this DJTechTools thread

Changing button2 to 1 would switch on the Freeze

Supreme Edition Mod 3.0 BETA 32

name   : "Instant Echo (No Freeze)",

color   : "Cyan",

routing   : "Insert",

effect1   : "Delay",

effect2   : "Off",

effect3   : "Off",

drywet   : 0.3,

knob1   : 0.6,

knob2   : 0.4,

knob3   : 0.3,

button1   : 0, // Off

button2   : 0, // Off

button3   : 0 // Off

Bookmark this thread to get updates.

• Pablo Montero
    Pablo Montero Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi @Michael Niotakis, I am just starting with Supreme Mod and PadFXs are really awesome.

Despite it says 64 padfxs slots, I can only see 8 when I push Freeze button. Is there any pagination or way to see the rest of the slots? Could you help me with this?

Thank you!

• Michael Niotakis

Hey @Pablo Montero. Yeah they are cool but I need to experiment more again. I've recently been using them as a starting point and I'll manipulate knobs while holding.

For the extra Banks of 8 slots press SHIFT. Pads should light up white and you'll see the active Bank brighter than the others. Hit Pad 2 to get to Bank 2 etc

Please share cool ideas you have. I'll try do the same again

• Pablo Montero

That's exactly what I needed to know, you rocks @Michael Niotakis.

I'll give a try tonight.

Are there already 64 padfxs effects? Then I need a lot of time of exploration 😃

Sure I bookmarked this thread to follow the discussion.

Happy DJing!

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

That thread is my baby. Same with Twisted Grat mapping.

Glad to see those here!

Best Regards.

• Pablo Montero

Hi @Michael Niotakis, one more time.

I wonder if you know how I could use padFXs of Deck A and B in upper FX Units (1 and 2), and same Deck C and D go down, to FX Units 3 and 4.

Right now all Decks go to down.

🧐

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited March 2023

You would have to recode the PadFX function sequence, especially the part that recognizes wether you are on the left side (A/C) or the right side, since using it on one side twice (A plus C) will cut off one of the decks from the FX automatically. I haven't looked, but i imagine doubling the codeblock would be necessary as well as additional coding that checks wether or not you are on the top or bottom deck. Going through with this coding would also require introducing a setting that tells Traktor wether or not you want to have it like this (and blocking all FX Units from being used manually without conflicts) or using it as it is now, with a additional conditionals in all the PadFX code to recognize if this setting is on or off.

Quite a lot of work with attention to detail. My best guess is that most users would really like to have no trouble and no conflicts using FX units 1 and 2 manually.

@Pablo Montero wrote:

"That's exactly what I needed to know, you rocks @Michael Niotakis.

I'll give a try tonight.

Are there already 64 padfxs effects? Then I need a lot of time of exploration 😃

Sure I bookmarked this thread to follow the discussion.

Happy DJing!"

If you hold shift (while in PAD FX mode) you have the option to switch between the different PAD FX pages.

• Pablo Montero

Finally I disable the assignation of effect Unit in PadFXUnit.qml. I just commented these lines:

// AppProperty { id: assigned; path: "app.traktor.mixer.channels." + deckId + ".fx.assign." + unit }

// assigned.value = true

// assigned.value = false

This works for me, now I can use effects like Reverb with a lot of echoes without cutting the tail of the sound.

• Pablo Montero

Now I have another question:

in animated values like this one > knob2 : { value: 0.0, min: 0, max: 1, delta: 4 },

Delta is clearly the speed of the animation.

But, what kind of unit is Delta? is it seconds? beats?

I need to know it 😃

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

No idea yet. Best to adjust the value and see what it does, ey? 😀

• BMAC16
    BMAC16 Member Posts: 7 Member

I've been trying to create an Instant Break FX using the turntable fx but it doesn't start on time. it usually start 16 beats after I pressed the pad. does anyone know of a fix? what are the correct parameters in the QML? This is what I currently have:

// PadFX 1.8

name : "Brake (Short)",

color : "Green",

routing : "Insert",

effect1 : "Turntable FX",

effect2 : "Off",

effect3 : "Off",

drywet : 1.00,

knob1 : 0.00,

knob2 : 0.00,

knob3 : 0.72,

button1 : 0, // Off

button2 : 0, // Off

button3 : 0 // Off

• Michael Niotakis
    edited August 2023

@BMAC16 , play with knob 1 & 2. Maybe update with the below and tweak to personal preference

knob1 : 1.00,

knob2 : 0.75,

ref: https://youtu.be/48Z4wgQTcOQ?t=3964&feature=shared

You can also set it to the SHIFT + PLAY button combo via the MOD menu

Map Settings, Play Button, Shift + Play & V. Break Settings (seconds or beats)

• BMAC16

Thanks I will try. You are correct about the mod menu, however, I like a very sharp break and it used to work a few updates ago via the mod menu but it doesn't anymore. For example, if I put the break settings to .2 or .3 seconds.... I get a slow break rather than the sharp break I'm looking for. I've mentioned this to Alexi but I haven't gotten a response

• BMAC16

I tried your suggestion and it still take "11 Beats" before the effect starts. All of my other instant FX work properly except the Turntable FX. If anyone has a working solution please share. thank you